“Food is Phenomenal”
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 117th & Nall
Reviewed February 23, 2013

ATMOSPHERE: Fabulous atmosphere. Sort of a Sheik Asian style decor. Truly gave me a "Vegas-like" feeling I rather enjoyed.

SEATING: The seating is very comfortable but also very close together making it dificult for servers to move around. We had servers run into chairs at our table twice in this one meal.

STAFF: The staff is obviously on a very tight schedule to turn tables as they speed around the restaurant barely stopping to take your order. Although the server was very friendly I almost was affraid to slow her down to ask a question before giving my order. That being said everything was delivered in a timely fashion and dishes were cleared almost immediately following the last bite.

FOOD AND BEVERAGE: I cannot say enough about the food. It is absolutely phenomenal. Not only the sushi but other delectable entrees, appetizers and sides as well. One bite and you will have made up your mind to return to this restaurant.

NOTE: Although the music very much adds to the effect of the atmosphere it is played very loudly making it necessary to shout across the table to converse with your party unless you are directly next to eachother. Not a problem for couples or small groups but a little troublesome for large parties.

TIPS: I definitely recommend visiting during Happy Hour (M-S 3-7, also a "reverse happy hour" much later) Although still rather busy you tend to miss the major evening crowd. Beside that fact the Happy Hour menu prices are amazing!! A little bit of everything up to 50% off! My personal favorites were the "Ra-ckin Shrip" (7.25 at Happy Hour) and the "Black Pepper Teriyaki Chicken Wings" (5.25 at Happy Hour) My DH also tried the Las Vegas Rool and California Roll (each 7.25 at Happy Hour) and said they were simply amazing. My husband and I got by with $30 and that included a couple drinks from the bar.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Kansas City is not exactly on the Sushi map - so this place is a great find for us non BBQ lovers..

The Good: Sushi is fresh and they have a good menu and selection. The rice and fish is served at the right temp for good sushi. Job well done to the sushi chefs.

The Bad: Staff - staff - staff!!! The greeter was to busy leaning all over the counter to walk us to our table, her conversation with another staff member was far to important to move .. apparently. Our server has ZERO knowledge of the menu, what Saki they offered and even didn't know what Asahi was!! Seriously? Did the staff here fall off the back of a farm truck. At least our server was friendly, slow, little knowledge, but friendly.

The Ugly: 1/The greeter!! Management - please find another one. No one wants to be greeted by a sour faced, lazy girl who would rather laze over the counter and talk to her friends. 2/ Servers - please at least bother to educate yourself a little about the food / drinks you serve.

Overall: We went for the sushi and this was very nice. If you don't expect to get good, efficient service then its a great place for lunch or dinner.

Dine Again: Sure - the sushi is good and thats what you go for. But I can't imagine that the poor service will be tolerated for long.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very yummy sushi for a middle-of-the-country location. I had all veggie sushi though so I can't speak to the fish taste but it looked good on other's plates. The garlic edamame is a MUST!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ra Sushi has great happy hour prices and you get a lot of sushi. My favorites are the Viva Las Vegas Roll, Crunchy Calamari Roll, Crispy Spicy Tuna, among many others. Always top it off with their Cinnamon Tempura Ice Cream which is just heaven. Whenever I am back in town this is a must stop for me. Great atmosphere for happy hour for sure!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This atmosphere in this place feels upscale and comfortable. I ate at the sushi bar, it was a little confusing on ordering food some by filling out a sheet for the sushi and the other through a server. The sushi was great and half price during happy hour was a great deal and good chance to try some new items. The service started off slow at first but after I ordered the server was very tentative and checked on me often. I would come back if I am in the area again.