“Happy Hour 3-7 daily is the best deal at RA”
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 117th & Nall
Kansas
“Happy Hour 3-7 daily is the best deal at RA”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We went to RA for a late lunch on Saturday. The server told us if we waited 5 mintues we could order from the Happy Hour menu. They do have a lunch menu but from 3-7 daily they offer Happy Hour and the sushi prices are from $2.00 to $7.00. They also have drink specials which seem to be cheap also. A Cosmo was $4.00 and I saw alot of people ordering them. Sushi prices during this time are almost 1/2 price and they have their most popular sushi on the Happy Hour menu. Sushi was awesome and much better than Kona grill, which is also located in Kansas City. Their most popular sushi roll is the "Viva Las Vegas" and is priced at $14.00 but during happy hour it was $7.00. It was delish! Fun place with lots of energy and the food is wonderful. Perfect for a late lunch on a warm sunny afternoon. Great area to walk around and shop after eating. There are several dining options in this area so there is something for everyone. We loved our lunch choice and will go back. They have indoor, outdoor and sushi bar seating.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank happytillie

Kansas City, Missouri
“Not anything authentic here”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My friend and I were referred to RA by a coworker. We love seafood and sushi, and we know the difference between fresh and been around in a refrigerator/freezer for a couple of days.

There was a wait for seating in the dining area so we were told we could sit near the bar along a red wall. We waited 20 minutes before someone acknowledged us. And even then, she just dropped off the menus and kept going. The lighting was so dim, we could barely read the menus, and we have good eyesigt for being in the medical profession! When she finally returned, we had to ask her several questions regarding their menu, if they had any specials, recommendations, etc. Not only did she talk fast, she literally had to yell over the music! It was a dance club-like atmosphere, but super crowded and only aisles to wedge in and out and through the restaurant.

She suggested their signature Vegas roll and we also ordered calamari. The calamari was battered in tempura, which was not crispy enough to our standards. And the chunks of calamari were extremely big, making us question of it were some sort of fish substitute, as there was not a taste of squid associated with it. The Vegas roll was lacking flair and spices. While it was pretty, it also lacked a fishy taste and failed to wow us with the price tag associated with it.dpsie.recruitment.expansion@gmail.com

This restaurant is for folks who want to say they eat sushi...it's Americanized and quite bland. There was not a fresh taste of anything, including our margaritas that were heavy on the tequila and not flavoring. It's music gave us a headache, and we were still hungry after this failed adventure

1 Thank KorriBeth
“Great time for our first sushi experience!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I were both sushi virgins and this place was quite good for our inexperienced palates. We ordered the Vegas roll and spicy salmon. Both were excellent dishes. We ate during the lunch hour and there were only three other diners there at the time. Good music selection and not overly loud that you can't also have a nice dining conversation. I was wearing long sleeves and still felt cold, but we sat next to the windows. The overall feel is interesting along with the decor and the pricing wasn't bad 8.50 per entre but it was restaurant week so that might have made a difference. Definitely worth a try if your not a big time sushi eater you should enjoy it!

Fenton
“Great happy hour!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Happy hour is 3 to 7 even on sat. Good, fresh food..a local favorite!

Visited January 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Pretentious”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Pretentious is what I choose to sum my visit up in just one word.
Pretentious food served in a
Pretentious atmosphere by
Pretentious waitstaff
oh joy!
I moved from the west coast to the midwest and have been on the hunt for a good sushi place. I did what you are most likely doing now and Bing/Trip Advisor searched for places based on reviews. I figure if you take the time out to write a review chances are you had either a great experience or a bad one. After reading what fellow sushi lovers wrote about this place I thought I would try it. So um ya... dont always trust reviews on here imo. I'm going to give you the straight up facts though and you can choose to trust my opinion and save your $ or gamble your $ and try out some crappy sub par sushi served in a cheesy night clubish atmosphere reminiscent of a stripper club. So ya the atmosphere is kinda lame especially for the locatiion but I can get past any atmosphere for some good nom nom nom shushi! Of course the waitress talked up the appetizers and we ordered them expecting something decent and all of them were terrible. The short ribs where tough and tasted like the oder you smell from opening a can of dog food. Harsh but sadly true. Meh I'm sounding to picky, surely the sushi will be good. Alas I was again let down!! (for example the tuna was tough and had large blood veins in it! I know right!) There were so many things wrong with this place I can't type it all here but it is beyond a doubt the most pretentious horrible sushi place I have seen! Oh and one more thing, I went to their website and the photos are a lie! My sushi was so very different! I do have good news though, in my search I did find a great sushi place when I had just about given up on the midwest! Redemption sushi is the bestest!

• Visited August 2011

Been to Ra Sushi? Share your experiences!