“Enjoyable evening”
Review of Gaslight Grill

Gaslight Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaslight Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 135th & Nall Ave
Description: World-Class Fine Dining and World-Class Live Entertainment in casual elegance. No pretensions, just elegant food and wine in a comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy our classic American cuisine, served with an European flair in our main dining room, out on the patio or while listening to live jazz in the Back Room with Lynn Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We serve Aged Black Angus and Prime Steaks, Flight Fresh Seafood, and many Chef Jeremy inspired culinary creations daily. Full bar service and Happy Hour discounts daily. Private dining rooms and banquet rooms for large or intimate gatherings. Choose from more than 200 wines from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at The Gaslight Grill on Saturday evening
The food was very good the service was great and the jazz band was very enjoyable
We sat in the back room and enjoyed the music
I am sure we will be going back again real soon

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We went for a friends birthday and its was a very average meal.

Nothing terrible, but nothing that would make me go back or even recommend this place to a friend.

Uninspired menu but good service.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our family ate at Gaslight Grill on a Saturday night. I ordered the penne pasta. The server suggested adding shrimp to the order. I did and was glad because the shrimp was very favorable. It compensated some what for the flavorless pasta. However the addition raised the price of the $18 meal to $30. $3 a shrimp.
Also the wait staff did not exhibit the professionalism that should be expected for an upscale restaurant.

1  Thank JimG913
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We recently visited Gaslight Grill to celebrate my mother's birthday and we all walked away extremely underwhelmed. This restaurant isn't terrible but it certainly isn't the upscale experience that it advertises.

When making reservations, we were asked if we were celebrating anything so we let them know about Mom's birthday and that was the last we heard about it. Why ask if you aren't going to make note of it during our meal? It may have been an issue on the part of our waitress as she seemed like she wasn't really into trying to provide good service. My sister very accurately commented that she belonged more in a diner situation rather than a sit-down restaurant.

One of us had a salad before his entree and really enjoyed it. I had the crab bisque and while it was okay, I would have been hard-pressed to find any crab in it. Our thoughts about our entrees were similar across the board - no seasoning and pretty underwhelming. A person in our group added shrimp to his pasta and received four (4) for an up-charge of $12. Nope. Not worth it.

Even the soft drinks were underwhelming as they were completely without carbonation. I didn't send mine back because I didn't want to irritate our server further.

I have read some reviews that commented on the really nice atmosphere and I'm guessing they must have eaten in a different part of the restaurant. In our experience, it was a nice enough place but not really anything special or notably upscale.

1  Thank GrumpyPug
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Never disappointed with the food here. Only once did we not care for a dinner item and that was the slab of ribs b/c they were over cooked and tough. Our fault for not going to a BBQ place for those! But the waiter had recommended them...said they were fall-apart tender.