“Local, Upscale Burger Joint Worth Tyring”
Review of Blanc Burgers + Bottles - CLOSED

Blanc Burgers + Bottles
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 105th and Mission
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Blanc Burgers has become one of our go-to restaurants in the KC area. They offer creative burgers with high quality ingredients, including an ever-changing daily grind that has never disappointed. I would recommend going earlier in the rush as we've never had to wait going early. The atmosphere is not as up-scale as the ingredients, I view that as a plus since it keeps it from being stuffy, but if you're looking for a complete luxury experience, this isn't the place for you. They do tend to favor sweet flavors, as you'll notice with their (amazing!) house made ketchup and the use of sweet pickles. I highly recommend for people who want good food with reasonable prices and a casual atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Blanc Burgers + Bottles

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Gluten free bun was dry and crumbly. Passport Discount card wasn't honored. It was very noisy. Reservations are not taken.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been fairly regular patrons of Blanc for 2+ years. The first time we went the wait for a table steered us to the bar and now we won't sit at a table. The bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable about the beers they serve. People to your left and right are happy to share their thoughts about what they are drinking or eating and it's easy to strike up friendly conversation.

The burgers are very good and the artisan buns add to the experience. Don't forget to ask about the "daily grind" - the special of the day. Nine times out of 10, that's what I'll order. They have 4 or 5 draft beers and dozens and dozens of bottled beers. Lots of sodas that are hard to find elsewhere and don't forget to ask about "grown-up" milkshakes.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The single biggest rip-off ever! The furniture?,,,early thrift store! The concrete floor was reminiscent of an old auto service department in need of cleaning. Had to get two seat cushions from my car...the benches against the wall are laughable...to stay in the seat, you have to force your back against the formica back. Show any sign of relaxing and...oops...the slide to the floor begins!

Service was OK but inexperienced. When I ordered the Bison Burger, "hold all the stuff"...with just a single, 3/8" thick slice of raw onion, I told the waiter this would probably be his toughest request of the day, he laughed. I was right. First...the burger was anemic... my guess is 3 1/2 ounces max, I think closer to 3. The onion slice was maybe a quarter inch thick, but half dollar size ( covered about 1/3rd of the burger.). Truffel fries were good and bad. Tasty and truffly, but...very oily and oversalted. Honestly...I would not go there for a FREE meal. Anyone who compliments this place is either stupid or retarded. My wife also said she will never go there again.

Save the money...go to Burger King or Wendy's. Eat in comfort!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were able to go out for a late lunch, so the restaurant was quiet. We both had the classic burger and an IPA beer. The server was attentive and friendly. We had eaten there last year, but it was during dinner and very noisy. If you like burgers (they also have lots of other choices), and different beers, this is a great choice.