“Satisfied!”

Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leawood
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here on a Tuesday night (just one night). Check in was breezy. The hotel hasn't been around for too long. It is a part of the still developing Park Place (right next to Town Center Plaza). So with that being said, it is surrounded (literally) by restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater. The hotel has an indoor pool (which was out of order at the time of my stay), a fitness center, a stylish bar/lounge area (indoor and out), computers, a pool table, and board games. At the front desk area there is food/snack area much like that of a convenience store (there was chips, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, hot sandwiches, ice cream, beverages, etc.). The room was nice, spacious, and clean. I checked in around 6pm, and immediately hopped into the shower. It was lovely and very modern. I slept great, the bed was very comfy and I wasn't disturbed by any noise. The tv was large and nice, but some channels were a little static-y. There was no view from my room, but then again the way the hotel is built into the shopping strip, I dont think any of the rooms would have one. The only compliant I will make is that the toilet did not flush completely (room 205). There was always something left behind every time I flushed, no matter how many times I flushed. Other than that (and the pool being closed), I had a lovely stay, would stay here again, and would recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've stayed here on multiple occasions and it is consistently an excellent experience! The rooms are always clean, the bed comfy, and staff friendly! They recently updated the check-in area making it even more funky and hip. We are in our 30s but even my Mom loved the cool vibe and decor. Great central location in walking distance to great food and shops. Highly recommend and will stay here again and again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your 5 star review with us. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed such positive experiences with us during multiple stays. Our team strives to create memorable experience each and every visit and we are happy to hear you and your mom loved our chic and trendy design. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, take care!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took the kids for a spur of the moment overnight at this hotel and they really enjoyed the vibe of the hotel and the neighborhood. I would do it again when there is reason to head down to that part of town.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your review, thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear you and your children had a very enjoyable stay with us and our modern, trendy design fit your needs well. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next overnight visit with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very stylish, hip-looking hotel with really modern room designs. Clean rooms, great location right in the middle of Town Center. The amenities were great and I loved that the shower was a waterfall shower with a pump-dispenser for shampoo and body wash.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. It pleases us to hear our convenient location fit your needs well and you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to create a memorable experience for all of our guests and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Take care!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed her a number of times and it has always been good. The last visit, was very different. The staff seem uninterested in the guests or even welcoming at check in. The part that bothered me the most was that the room was in bad shape, carpets had black stains and the blinds on the windows seemed to be falling off the tracks. When I mentioned the dirty carpets at check out, the man at the desk said, he would add it to their list. I don't think I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The check in process is confusing. The parking is a block away in a free, well maintained nicely lit garage but it's a block away. Since the hotel is near some popular restaurants and the property allows guests to park in the 3 spots some hotels might save for check ins and loading only. I finally, after circling the drive, just parked in the middle of the crowded entry and hoped I pulled close enough to the curb so everyone had enough room to pass by while I went up the second floor front desk then returned to the car to get the luggage and go up to the room and then returned to the car to park it on the third level of the garage (reserved for guests of the hotel) a block away. This wouldn't be so fun in a Kansas City winter but lucky for me it's fall! The room was clean and well maintained. If anyone from the hotel reads this I can think of a few options: get a valet that directs guests and keeps those parking spaces free so checkins can quickly load and unload or start a bell desk so someone is attending to the situation for those of us who've never stayed with you before. You could also call every guest after they reserve a room and explain that the parking is block away but I suspect that may lead to some cancellations :). The hotel desk is understaffed. I checked in on a Friday night at around 9pm, only one person at the front desk to cover the phone and do check in. She was very friendly and efficient but no one can do it all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adwww
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times and have enjoyed my stay every time. The location is convenient, the price is reasonable, and the hotel is modern. The location of this hotel is excellent. There are many things to do, places to eat, and a theater close. I will defiantly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased to learn our convenient location and modern hotel fit your needs your well. We look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional stay soon. Have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leawood
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Courtyard Kansas City South
Courtyard Kansas City South
#49 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Aloft Leawood - Overland Park? Share your experiences!