“Convenient location, comfortable rooms but several problems with the room”

Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leawood
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“Convenient location, comfortable rooms but several problems with the room”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this particular Aloft on multiple occasions and unfortunately this will be my last stay. They don't seem able to get the small things right. My biggest complaint is the Air Conditioning units in the rooms. I travel to Overland Park on business and a good nights sleep is particularly important. The AC units need a muffler on them or to be completely replaced. I brought along wax earplugs and they barely made an impression on the sound. I barely got 3 hours sleep.
Aloft advertises a fridge in every room.....no fridge.
Finally this is the 3rd room that I have stayed in where the sink leaks.....a small but irritating detail.

Other than that....the location is cool and the rooms themselves are by design funky and spartan.....which I am fine with.

Unfortunately.....until they change out those AC units, I won't be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry B
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the process of upgrading guest room refrigerators and we apologize for the inconvenience of not having one during your stay. We have spoken with our maintenance team and the issue you described with the air conditioning units is being addressed to ensure these noise disturbances do not occur in the future. Thank you again for your review and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I chose the Aloft for this trip because of the positive experience I had at the SFO Aloft. I had no idea of the surroundings at this specific Aloft. The Leawood Aloft shares that same modern, eccentric styling as the other I stayed in. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful, as well as the staff. One of the cleaning ladies noticed I was lost and escorted me to where I needed to go. Bartender friendly and attentive. I love how the rooms provide two packs of coffee and two free bottles of water. Most other hotels make you depend on tap water, or you have to buy some at the lobby store. Room is neat, clean, and modern. Plenty of room, and nice shower. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: east side rooms get the sunrise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sgterrell
Huntersville
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Located in a nice and convinint part of town near Knasas City, Mo. I like the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again. It is a clean and quiet environment. Check in was very smooth and simple

Room Tip: It is not a facility that is equipped with formal restaurant, but there are nice eatery places in th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cletus E
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to convenient and comfortable. We hope the rest of your stay was as enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past Saturday night to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The staff was very welcoming and even called us after we got to our room to make sure everything was ok with our room. The room was extremely clean, the air had been on and it was cool, and the shades were open so it was bright and sunny. The room is small and there is not much closet space or room to put your clothes, however we were only there for one night so this was not a problem. I could see this being an issue if you were going to stay longer. Other than that it was the perfect hotel for our stay, the outdoor patio/bar was wonderful and the bartender was so friendly. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for thoughtful comments and happy anniversary! We are pleased you chose to celebrate your one year anniversary at Aloft Leawood-Overland Park and had a memorable stay. Our team strives to provide our guests with a personalized experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again!
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Small complaints only. Upon check in, toilet paper roll nearly empty and no extra roll in the room, the toilet seat was close to falling off, bedside clock set to the wrong time, there were four of us and one 16 oz complimentary bottle of water, and someone's leftover steak still in the fridge. Front desk responded quickly to request for more water, toilet paper, a blanket and fixing the toilet seat. Dogs are allowed which was great for us. Would stay here again. Price was very reasonable. Just outside the hotel are many nice restaurants, AMC movie theater and shopping, all a short walk.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Cool place to stay. Quite with comfortable beds & clean. Lots of shopping & dining close by. Bars a little pricey. Watch billing we paid through Expedia & hotel also billed us. Glad I caught it, they did refund.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kctravelers4
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the billing issue and this has since been resolved as our team is dedicated to superior customer service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our modern hotel and convenient location. Thanks again and take care!
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am a bit surprised at some of the negative reviews. We have stayed at the Aloft in Leawood 8 times in the past 2 years. This is a hip, clean and fun hotel. The prices and service are very good. The large lobby and covered deck serve as a great place to hand out. You can walk a few steps to restaurants, bars, shops, a movie theater, etc. Leawood is one of the nicest and safest towns in the Midwest.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leawood
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
#4 of 37 in Overland Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf

Been to Aloft Leawood - Overland Park? Share your experiences!