Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancecalifornia pizza kitchenparking situationrooms are smallrestaurants and shopsmovie theatersushi barkansas citynice showeroverland parklobby areabusiness travelerindoor poolcomfortable roomcoffee makerkc areaair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked with name your own price with Priceline. It was a pretty good deal. It was not in the exact area we were visiting but it was worth the extra travel time. We enjoyed the Park Place area by getting some cupcakes from Cupcakes Ala Mode and my husband sampled beer at the brewery next door.

The first night there was a dog barking next door, which was a bit annoying. We also set up AC on high and it kept kicking on and off. It woke me up a lot through the night. We set it on low the 2nd night and it was better to have the constant noice.

Parking was a little inconvenient next door in the garage on the 3rd floor. It was difficult to get all of our stuff plus a 3 year old into our room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
AloftLeawoodGM, General Manager at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Hi emily_fagan,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a reveiw on your stay. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked a group of rooms here for our wedding guests. We got a great rate, and everyone was very happy with their stay here. The best part really is all of the nearby shops and restaurants, which meant our out of town guests didn't have to get lost trying to find something. It's all here. We booked the suite for our wedding night, and were surprised with a bottle of wine from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Hi SLP333,
Thank you for the review, we are glad you and your wedding guests enjoyed everything. Congratulations on your wedding, we will look forward to seeing you for your anniversary!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great location, nice hotel. The staff seems overwhelmed with helping guests. Not a hotl ostay at if you're looking for great service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Lots of good restaurants in walking distance, though the 801 Chophouse isn't one of them. I should have listened the front desk girl and gone to the Mexican place. Standard Aloft, but a great location. Parking is tough though, and not well marked at all. You cannot park at the hotel, but there is a close parking structure with free parking. They used to have valet parking and they really need it. Overall though, I liked the hotel. A saltwater pool in Kansas City? Unique! The rooms aren't though. They told me they upgraded me, but it looked like every other Aloft I have ever been in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I completely agree with a previous review so I used the same title for my review.

This place is right smack dab in the middle of everything you'd ever need in terms of restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. But it reminded me of a college dorm room. Completely agree and think the rooms are designed by IKEA.

Air conditioner was incredibly loud and because the room is so small, that's a big problem. A much bigger problem in my opinion is the shower.........almost ZERO water pressure!!! I'm sure this is a byproduct of this chain being "green" but let me tell you, the shower is almost worthless (and everyone else I knew staying here during the meeting I attended said the same thing). I literally would dissuade anyone from staying here just because of how worthless the showers are. Not kidding one bit.

Breakfast area is really strange and noisy. Expensive for what you get, too.

I'm sure that I am not in the "desired or intended demographic" for ALoft as it is certainly geared towards a much younger set. The lobby/eating/business area is unique but not my cup of tea. I'm sure young people think it's hip & cool.

Take all of this information into account before booking Aloft.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PATHRCO7
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi PATHRCO7,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We do have an eco friendly shower head but you should still have good pressure, I will look into it and make sure the pressure is where it should be. I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,