“An Ideal Hotel for So Many Reasons...”

Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leawood
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel is ideal for so many reasons - with easy interstate access, it's convenient to anywhere in the greater Kansas City area as well as points east and west, free parking, quick and complimentary WiFi, HDTV and great beds. Oh, and value-oriented rates. Plus fun things to do and places to eat and drink within walking distance. AND very friendly, hospitable associates. Kudos to the GM for a well-run operation!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This Aloft Hotel is the second one that I stayed in over the past year. Earlier in the year I stayed at the Aloft in Dallas. I had business in KC and chose to stay here due to the closeness of where my meetings were. It is located in a cool, relatively new shopping/condo complex called Town Center in Leawood, KS. Aloft is a spin off of W hotels. They tend not to be in the city centers and offer cool, loft like rooms with great amenities and features for a really reasonable price. Rooms have big flat screen tv's on the wall, extremely comfy beds, and huge stall showers. This hotel was adjacent to a bunch of really nice restaurant options including Gordon Biersch. The is a very hip bar, called XYZ in the hotel and for breakfast, great food options in the lobby. Great job Starwood and W for creating such a quality product for a really good price. I look forward to more of your properties around the world.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem great.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking forward to a nice get away from home weekend at the Aloft for the weekend, but my excitement was soon turned into disappointment. We checked out as soon as possible the next morning...No way was I going to let a crappy stay ruin the rest of my weekend.

There where quite a few things wrong with my stay over the weekend and most of them where related to general housekeeping items. 1) When we arrived, there was cigars in our hotel ice bucket. Funny, since this place is a No Smoking hotel. We promptly took the bucket down to the front desk and room service brought one up to us. However, we had the Do Not Disturb sign up and room service entered our room anyways.....
2) I noticed that my pillow case was dirty, but it was okay I guess since I just fliped over the pillow. I was really grossed out when I woke up the next morning only to discover my sheets where dirty too, There wasn't enough light for me to see how gross they where until the next morning.
3) No shower caps, most hotels offer this as a service, I would have understood if they would provide one with a small charge.

Other things that where beyond horrible:
1) The room was really cramped and small. The bed that was supposed to be a king was barely a queen sized bed. It was also uncomfortable because the support beam for the bed ran through the middle and you could feel it when you sleep.
2) The pool tempature---freezing...
3) Rude Hotel Staff-I don't understand how you treat customers when they have valid complaints. You dismiss them and tell them that it happens all the time. If you keep treating people like that your going to loose customers.
4) the light switch was broken....

Room Tip: nothing....there wasn't a good room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Aloft is a fun concept, the beds are good and the hotel is simple and modern. But, you must be careful. The noise from the restaurant below can blare into the late late night. On our first night in the hotel, we had a room that faced the street (on the even number room side), and the noise was terrible. The dull bass beat went on until nearly 1am. The hotel front desk had promised it would be quiet by 12 midnight, but it was not. And, the hotel front desk was powerless to stop the music. Finally, the local police were called into quiet the scene - but it was already 1am. I guess I did not expect that in the middle of suburban Kansas there would be a South Beach scene. However, in all fairness, we moved rooms for our second night -- we were a floor higher and on the "odd" side of the hotel. And, the room was very quiet. At least, there was not party music. One final comment, however, it is odd that this brand new hotel would have the loudest air conditioning fan I have ever heard in a hotel. It produces an absolutely gigantic wind tunnel or airplane noise. Not sure why the hotel developers would have selected this. Some decisions defy logic.

Room Tip: Remember to get an odd numbered room and be sure it is 5th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you're staying here expecting anything more than decent WiFi a bed and a bathroom then you will be disappointed. As an overnight stop off it serves pretty well.

One downside is the AC system which alternates between off and the sound of a 747 landing in your room with no visible means to switch it off.

Room Tip: Stay off the third floor if you plan to go to bed before midnight. The bar's noise and those fro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
AloftLeawoodGM, General Manager at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Hi LimeyHoya,
Thank you for posting your review about your stay with us. Your feedback is crucial to our success. We are upgrading our wireless as we speak to 50mb, so we plan to go from decent to incredible. We hope to see you next time you are in town.

Jennifer Wilt, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stay here for work when in town. Perfect locale if you want to be near food, entertainment and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have checked out the Aloft in the past and finally had the opportunity to stay there. The location was wonderful for our plans and the fact that they are dog friendly was a huge plus for us. We felt the beds were very comfortable and a minor problem with our blinds was taken care of immediately. Their bar area is quite comfortable and the outdoor patio area over the entrance is a wonderful place to relax and watch patrons at the surrounding restaurants, plus our dog loved running around in the enclosed space. The bartender, Regina, was wonderfully friendly and helpful, making both of our evenings there very pleasant. The only real complaint I would have, and it isn't really the hotel's fault, was the fact that there were quite a few children running around the hotel unsupervised being rather noisy. We will very likely utilize their facilities again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Wildcat,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I appreciate you pointing out that Regina was friendly and that you enjoyed the environment. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Cheers,
Jennifer Wilt, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leawood
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
#5 of 37 in Overland Park
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park

Been to Aloft Leawood - Overland Park? Share your experiences!