Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancecalifornia pizza kitchenparking situationrooms are smallrestaurants and shopsmovie theatersushi barkansas citynice showeroverland parklobby areabusiness travelerindoor poolcomfortable roomcoffee makerkc areaair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have checked out the Aloft in the past and finally had the opportunity to stay there. The location was wonderful for our plans and the fact that they are dog friendly was a huge plus for us. We felt the beds were very comfortable and a minor problem with our blinds was taken care of immediately. Their bar area is quite comfortable and the outdoor patio area over the entrance is a wonderful place to relax and watch patrons at the surrounding restaurants, plus our dog loved running around in the enclosed space. The bartender, Regina, was wonderfully friendly and helpful, making both of our evenings there very pleasant. The only real complaint I would have, and it isn't really the hotel's fault, was the fact that there were quite a few children running around the hotel unsupervised being rather noisy. We will very likely utilize their facilities again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftLeawoodGM, General Manager at Aloft Leawood - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Hi Wildcat,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I appreciate you pointing out that Regina was friendly and that you enjoyed the environment. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Cheers,
Jennifer Wilt, General Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great location!! Walking distance to shopping and to mutli locations for dinner. The only down side to my trip was I couldn't do all of it in one night. I will be back and will extend my stay to enjoy the great rooms and location experience.

Room Tip: Great location for a different looking room decor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My mom and I stayed this past weekend at aloft in Leawood, KS. What a neat experience! The hotel itself is pretty trendy. It's a funky, fun, Jetsons-esque type of atmosphere. The room was nice. The sinks are expensive Kohler bowls with nice fixtures. The soap/shampoo/lotion all smell great! The room reminded me of being in the Jetson's TV show! Bed/pillows were comfortable. The room darkening shades were nice. It was very quiet and I loved that the ceilings were tall. Our room was right above the restaurant and it was still quiet on a busy night. The one draw back is that there's not a continental breakfast. All of the items you have to pay foor, so we didn't do that. I bought our hotel room over the "name your price" on Priceline and got it for $64/night which was an awesome value!!! Overall a great experience in an awesome location filled with cool shops!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was totally expecting the worst customer service after reading some of the reviews here but was pleasantly surprised. The staff is young so they might not be dress up and "professional" but they are extremely helpful, accommodated every request I asked (two queens, kid airbed, late checkout) and patiently answered every question I had.

The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is quiet. The workout area and the pool are clean and not crowded. The decor is a little bit over the edge but I guess it is expected for the aLoft.

The location is great and you can walk to many shops/restaurants. Parking is free in the garage next to the hotel. All in all, a nice hotel at a great rate in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a new up and coming area. Close to the Sprint Head office this is a great place to stay when you are in KC on business. The hotel chain has the same standard layout in all of their hotels and it is nice. There is a large king bed in the king rooms (obviously) in a modern setting. The bathrooms are nice with clean lines and crisp decor. The toiletries are simple as the shampoo is in dispensers in the shower - an increasing trend in newer hotels. If you are an SPG member you will get a card for selections from the breakfast buffet.

The biggest drawback to this hotel is nothing is "included". If you need toothpaste or a glass of OJ in the morning you will pay for it.

The hotel has a nice sushi bar on the ground floor and is in an area with a lot of great places to visit - bars, spas, and restaurants. The closest spa is a men's only place offering a variety of men's facials, manicures, straight edge shaves, and the like.

When I go to Kansas City this is where I stay and I would recommend it to you as I have recommended it to my customers.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business