“Attention to detail”
Review of Room 39

Room 39
Reserve with OpenTable
Room 39 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Room 39 opened in November 2004 to rave reviews and opened their second location in Leawood Kansas in the summer of 2007. Focusing on seasonal, fresh and locally grown ingredients, Room 39 is the premiere location in Kansas City for seasonal American food. We are proud to support local agriculture.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Beginning with the bartender, the restaurant successfully attends to the small details. Our group enjoyed the tasting menu. They allowed us to bring our own wine for a$25 corkage fee. My duck breast was slightly overdone and the manager noticed it before I did and brought another. The staff was attentive in all respects. The tasting menu provided slightly smaller portions of each item, but beware, these are only slightly reduced in size. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times before this dinner and will keep going back. The menu isn't very extensive, but it is varied and very interesting. The menu has stayed bascially the same in the year or so since we've been going. I particularly like their four course tasting menu. Portions are smaller, but it's filling. Their specialty cocktails are delicious. The service has been outstanding every time we have been there. The only reason I don't give this an excellent review is some of the dishes I have tried I didn't particularly like, for instance some were too salty for my taste and another time I wasn't fond of the way the vegetable on the side was prepared. But at the same time my husband didn't find them too salty. We haven't been to their other location as this one is much closer to our home. We consider this a special occasion restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is wonderful! Whenever we travel to Kansas City we make a special trip here. The bacon hash was amazing and the mimosas were on point. You must try the white bean soup on the lunch menu it was the best soup I have ever eaten, just the right amount of seasoning and a ton of meat. The service is great and they all help each other, you never run out of drinks or anything. I love that's its great dining in a casual comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice fine dining restaurant. Their $39 dining deal is most attractive, giving you a 4-course dinner, appetizer, soup/salad, entree, and dessert.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not the most pleasant night. Very slow service, old scallops that they tried to cover up with salt, and sauces that had no subtlety. It was innovative and tried to create interesting dishes, but should keep practicing. We expected it to be like the one in KC MO but this meal wasn't what we expected. We got the fixed price menu and each item had something about it that was disappointing--either overwhelming sauces or old scallops, or a strange way to do rare lamb chops (burn one side and don't do anything with the other side).