“An "ok" omelet, but service was poor.”
Review of Ingredient Restaurant - CLOSED

Ingredient Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: At ingredient restaurant you can stop by for delicious daily specials or enjoy a relaxing breakfast, lunch or dinner. We recommend sitting out on the patio where you can overlook the park. Whether lunching, dating or hanging with the family, our menu's got you covered. We even have a an ingredient restaurant menu for the kiddos. Kids can customize their own salads, or choose from pizza, grilled chicken, fresh steamed pasta or "The Elvis," a peanut butter, banana and an oh-so-light drizzle of honey. Be sure to make it over to the i.Bar. We have a case full of savory, bite-size goodies including cheesecake, cookies, pastries, gelato, fondue and toppings galore. Our five dipping sauces include white, dark and milk chocolate, along with raspberry and caramel. One piece comes with one sauce; three pieces, two sauces; six pieces, three sauces. If you'd prefer your dessert in a glass, try one our smoothies, beers or featured wines. We have endless combinations for gluten free dietary needs. Create a gourmet salad with warm artisan gluten free rolls, or a brick oven pie with any combination of ingredients. At ingredient restaurants we strive to meet your dietary restrictions and work around your food allergies
Overland Park, Kansas
“An "ok" omelet, but service was poor.”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I walked into ingredient and was somewhat confused about what to do, where to go to, basically how this concept works. At that point, I would have felt intimidated and walked back out the door, but I wanted to go through with the experience and see what this "ingredient" concept was all about. So, I go to the counter and no one was there, so I was thinking that maybe I was not in the right place. After about a minute, the service person comes up to the register and asks me if I know what I want for breakfast. My obvious look of panic and "deer in the headlights" look must have indicated that I was a newbie and missed the table that had the pile of breakfast cards (no menu boards to look up at and decide on what to eat). So, I decide on the Ultimate Omelet, tricked up with basalmic caramelized onions, Tillamook cheddar, avocado, and roasted red pepper. Then he asked me if I wanted a sourdough or wheat english muffin...sourdough. Got a coffee cup and paid. The price was reasonable. So I'm sent off to search for the coffee and as I scan around the room, I see a semblance of what may be the drink service area, and further around the corner is the somewhat hidden coffee pot. I picked up my serviceware and off to my seat with my cup of coffee, a "number flag" that indicates where I am sitting, and my serviceware. So, about 5 minutes later, the omelet, roasted potatoes, and sourdough english muffin arrive. I looks yummy, but I'm noticing that there is no butter, no jam/jelly/honey, nothing that I can put on the sourdough english muffin. Hmmm...now I've got to get back up and sculk around for condiment for the sourdough english muffin. My food is getting cooler and cooler as I am on the jam hunt. Couldn't find it, so I went back to my table to find some flies enjoying part of my breakfast.
My overall impression is: Service is not great; being forced to forage for my serviceware, coffee, and other condiments. Atmosphere was sparce and somewhat uninviting. The food, while good, was not all that impressive. I give the experience a: D.

• Visited June 2011

Kansas City, MO
“Get it together!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I think they need to learn a few things if they are going to be a ling term hit. The wait here is always very deceptive. First of all, huge line and only one cashier. So you wait 20 minutes in line, then you finally get to front of line and they say "oh by they way, it's going to be another 30 minutes for your food.". This is my second time in a row only one cashier on busy day. The food is very good, but come on it's not worth an hour wait when more than a third of the restaurant is empty.

1 Thank angiinkc
Olathe, Kansas
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Ingrendient Leawood in a fairly new resturant. The food is really good, but it is pricey. The average is about 7 bucks. It's located at the Park Place in Leawood, Kansas right on the north sige of Town Center Plaza. So if you want a quick bite while shopping either at Park Place &/or Town Center, I'd recommend you coming here. There also a coffee bar there with dessert's so also hit that while your there.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food & Quick”
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Had lunch and breakfast there. Tasty, quick and first class

1 Thank BillyBud200
Kansas City
“Fab Food!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Happened to be in the area, had heard to try it & was VERY impressed!! The freshness of our salads & warm bread was a pleasant suprise, as we didn't know what to expect. Can't wait to try more on the menu & they serve a pretty broad menu for breakfast. It's kinda like a kicked-up The Mixx which we love. Kansas City needs more places like this, where there is more on the menu than burgers & ff's (not that they are bad but way over done in the area). We absolutely loved the concept.