“Great Food ... Loud Kids”

Metropolitan Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“Great Food ... Loud Kids”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by on a Friday night while driving through. The waitress was average. Took our order, refilled our drinks nice enough. The Steak was awesome!! We got ribeye steak, it was cooked perfect and had great taste. At first the price seemed a little high, until we got our food. It was defiantly worth the price for the great taste. The only thing that kept this stop from being the best on our trip was a kid running through the kitchen screaming. The child was screaming with an ear piercing squeal. She then ran through the dining area screaming. This was obviously someone who worked there's child by her running in the kitchen. Overall this was a nice place and we would defiantly eat here again.

1 Thank Travels201

Kansas City, Missouri
“Very tired, dated interior and tasteless food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I finally decided to try a local restaurant in my small town of Leavenworth KS. I am always hesitant about small town eateries because they are always hit and miss and most are misses. It was Saturday night and we didn't want to drive to Kansas City so we went to Metropolitan Steakhouse in Leavenworth. Upon entering, you are immediately sent back 30 years to a pine paneled square room with old tables next to one another, low lighting and grease filling the air. I reluctantly went forward to a table on the side really hoping the food is better than the decor. It wasn't. I tried to stay safe with a hamburger, no luck. The patty was pressed hard and over cooked, no spices, no flavor, just your standard patty I could have received from any fast food chain. My sautéed onions served on my burger were the hard outer skins of the onion and were like chewing on pieces of leather. My date ordered the seafood ravioli pasta. Wow, a few over cooked ravioli swimming in a bowl full of melted cheese wiz. Completely dissatisfied with both dishes. I hope their steaks are what folks come for. I couldn't tell if the cooks are really that bad at making dishes or they have just given up all hopes in life and just going through the motions of making a dish. The owner really needs to shake things up and start adding some life into the place. Another small town restaurant that cares little about the food it serves and shows no passion for cooking. Sorry, I tried going local and will stick to eating at home or driving into the big city for a decent meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank carolinacountry296
Augusta, Ga
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Small little place across from the prison. Food was very good. The Spinach salad with steak on top was delish. Only issues it the patio our back needs to invest in some bug zappers. The Flies were killing me.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank eeyore1595
Columbus, Georgia
“Well hidden but worth a visit”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Located near the main entrance to Ft Leavenworth. Small and limited seating during peak hours. Outside seating is available. Food was great! Buffalo burgers are a must try. Portions larger than average. Cost lower than expected. The service good, friendly waitress and service fast. I'll be back next time I'm in town.

Graham, Washington
“Happily surprised!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stopped here for dinner tonight and are so glad we did! It is a small place and I was worried that we were hitting it at prime dinner hour on a Saturday, but there were seats and we did fine. Our waitress (Liz) was very sweet and helpful when my husband asked what she recommended. He got a burger that he pronounced to be one of the best he's had in a long time. It was oddly shaped, but that's a good thing because it means they didn't buy them frozen and premade! I had a cup of beef and rice soup (it was tasty) and a half order of the hot bacon spinach salad - out of this world! We were very pleased with our visit overall!

• Visited September 2012