“WORST”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The beds are gross the room smells the air conditioner has mold in it. My family and i can not stand the smell. My mom and i both have a head cold and it is making our headaches worse than what they have even in a week.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank bah20111991

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in, I thought this was a Super 8. All the signs say Super 8. Even the cups, wastebaskets, and floor mats say Super8 still. It wasn't until after my credit card was run that I was told it was no longer a Super 8 anymore and I would not be able to get my Wyndam rewards points.

The Good: the room was clean and was recently painted.

The Bad: the exterior is terrible- boards missing, trim falling off, paint peeling. It is not handicapped accessible. You have to go up stairs or downstairs to get to any of the rooms here. The breakfast was very meager. I have more variety on the floor of my car. It's noisy. The building is cheaply constructed out of what, and you can hear footsteps of anybody going down the hall or above you.

There is hope, however. They are just finishing a major renovation of the swimming pool area. The contractor expects to be finished this weekend.

I might or might not stay here again. Four $44 a night, I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I read the reviews before we booked this place and I thought to myself, "there's no way this hotel is THAT bad." WELL IT IS!

Look, I work the front desk of a hotel. I know how things are done. I made a reservation with the hotel weeks in advance. When I got to the hotel the Front Desk agent, Andrew, didn't even look up my reservation, he just checked me in under a new folio, even though I showed him my confirmation number. He kept asking, "Did you do this through Booking.com?" I told him TWICE that I made the reservation through the America's Best Value Inn website.

When I got up to the room I found a layer of dust on the coffee pot, the A/C unit covering falling off and our bathroom door wasn't functioning properly. The door would close, and stay closed, but you didn't need to twist the doorknob to open it. That meant that even if you locked the door someone else in the room could just open it right up. When I went downstairs to tell Andrew about the door (I didn't want them to come fix it. We were willing to put up with it. I just wanted them to know so that maintenance could fix it after we left, because the NEXT guest might not be so accommodating), he told me in a very uncaring manner, "yeah, unfortunately all of our rooms are going to have one or two slight imperfections like that."

The next day we accidentally left our Do Not Disturb sign up while we were running errands. When I went down to the desk to ask for new towels at 2:30 in the afternoon, Andrew told me that housekeeping "doesn't like to replenish that stuff after 2 P.M." I was so floored I was speechless! I finally got him to offer me pool towels, but when he got up to get them he said there were none available. He finally offered to go look for some real towels for me, but said it might be a while before he could find them. He asked me to come back after 6. When I came back that evening I was greeted by a much kinder and much more friendly front desk agent who actually took the time out of his day to go get me towels from the housekeeping area. It took him less than 5 minutes. I have no idea why Andrew couldn't do this for me, when I was the ONLY guest at the desk, his phone was NOT ringing, and he had just been sitting down watching TV when I walked up.

Other things to note:
The breakfast is a joke. It's a few boxes of cereal, a dozen danishes, a few muffins, orange juice and coffee.
The whole reason we chose this hotel was for the indoor, heated pool. When we arrived there was a note on the pool area saying it was closed. As we were checking out Andrew was telling a woman who was checking in that the pool was closed indefinitely due to mechanical issues. It sure would be nice if there was some kind of note about that on their website!

Next time we will stay at the Days Inn or Holiday Inn Express down the street. This hotel taught me that "value" is about more than just money.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay at a different hotel.