“My Dog Happy Here”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leavenworth
San Antonio, Texas
“My Dog Happy Here”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

If you love to travel with your pet, you tend to judge a hotel by how your pet liked it! Must admit the facilities were worn and somewhat shabby, but we had the convenience of an outside entrace, ground floor, adjacent to grassy area for our dog to do her "business." The breakfast was so meager, they didn't even provide jelly for the toast, yet the place was quiet and there were no bugs! If my dog had not been happy, I would have rated the place lower, but she seemed comfortable and content, so we were able to overlook some of the other factors.

Room Tip: If traveling with dog, choose ground floor toward the back of the property.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Way-over-priced. Small room, no internet, broken sink fixture (water sprayed everywhere), gnats all over the breakfast pastries that kept coming out day-after-day when not eaten. This is a place that should lose its franchise with Days Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Rebelhorse

Travelers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my family during my Grand-fathers funeral and it was stressful from the moment we checked in. They refused to honor a deal we got online and made us pay a lot extra. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone else. The price was right but the staff was not very nice to us and the rooms need a great deal of repair.

Dissapointed

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank honeytrif
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2010

when i first got to the hotel with my confirmation, they had me in a room with one double bed, i went back to the office and showed them the confirmation showing i had reserved a room with 2 double beds, i was then told my rate was for a single well sorry the online quoted me for 2 double bed at 143.98 after one night i checked my bank account and saw they had ran my card for 230.00 i then went to the office to inquire about this, where i was then asked why i wanted to know what i was being charged, then was told they add $150.00 for a smoking room if you smoke it in. i told them i dont smoke so that shouldnt affect my bill, then i was asked how many people were with me, that could affect my rate also, it was like they were looking for reasons. i then was told they have never in history charged a guest before checking out, i would like to know why my bank account shows my bill already then,i dont even check out till 2 more nights. the room was freezing when we checked it i had to crank up the heater as high as it would go, then went out for awhile while the room warmed up, the bathroom had one of those heat lights in there but it didn't work it was just a open vent up in the ceiling.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank pamelaben
St. Robert, MO
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Stayed at the Days inn during a business trip to Fort Leavenworth. The location was good, relatively close to the main gate for Fort Leavenworth, near several resturants and there is a Walmart just across the street if you forget anything. The hotel itself was very, very basic. If you're looking for something fancy you definately need to go somewhere else. You can tell the hotel has been around a while and they are trying to make improvements but it has a ways to go yet. The room was fairly clean and in decent condition; you had your basic appliances: coffee pot, frig, microwave and iron/ironing board. Every morning but one the hot water was very hit and miss which made for an interesting shower. They do have "breadfast", cereal, muffins, coffee etc. Not much variety, but there is something available. This was not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and for me it was OK, but it does need work. I guess you get what you pay for, our rate was on $57 per night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank LetoSebastion
Kansas
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I booked rooms at this hotel in March (in advance for a sports tournament). I had looked at the pictures on the website and everything appeared to be in decent shape and I assumed it would be a pleasant stay; boy was I "WRONG". A member of the group I was traveling with called to cancel a room and she was told we had NO reservations. This problem was remedied and (after a yelling match over the phone with a "RUDE" manager) other problems arose. Needless to say we had no choice but to stay at the hotel because there were no other hotel rooms available. The continental breakfast was inadequate; thank goodness there were restaurants close by. As for our rooms; on the first morning I found a large spider waiting in the shower, our room phone "did not" work "at all", the refridgerators were luke warm and the a/c did not work well. On the bright side the housekeeper was very pleasant.

We "WILL NOT" stay here AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank sportsmom_101
NC
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The hotel was dirty. We were charged $20 per night for two pets when we were told it would be $10 per night. When I said I wasn't going to pay the extra $10 per night, the clerk YELLED at me that she wasn't paid enough for this [--] and she was running the charge anyway because she already had my credit card number! I have never been treated like this at a place of business. I will NEVER stay at another Days Inn because of this horrible experience. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank DaisyLouNc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Econo Lodge Lansing
Econo Lodge Lansing
#1 of 2 in Lansing

Been to Days Inn Leavenworth? Share your experiences!