“Where Did the Quality Go?”
Review of High Noon Saloon & Brewery - CLOSED

High Noon Saloon & Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Kansas City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where Did the Quality Go?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

For the past three years I had nothing but praise for the High Noon Saloon, then came 2013.

Earlier this year I started to see a clear fluctuation in the quality of food. When the food is good it is REALLY good and when it is not so good it is a stark contrast on the negative side. I mentioned my concerns a time or two to individuals who were waiting on my table and was always given responses that seemed to be more of a blow off than an interest in providing the best product.

The last time I went to the High Noon Saloon I took several other people with me and for them this was their first experience. I was disappointed that on that day my burger was nothing more than an overpriced sandwich with an out of the box patty that had been overcooked.
Since that last time I decided that I no longer wished to gamble my money on the hopes of getting a good meal when I knew other establishments were more likely to provide consistent offerings.

I know of several other individuals who have found High Noon Saloon to be lacking in quality this year and at least one, like me, has not been back in a couple of months.

When I shared my concerns with the owner of HNS I was given a bit of a rebuttal telling me that their “comment box was over flowing with outstanding comments.” It appears that too many unsatisfied customers are silently moving on rather than giving HNS the chance to improve.
Here's hoping for HNS' return to quality.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan F

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We came in and it took 20 min to get our drinks. We then ordered and the ribs came out and were 90% pure fat!!! I sat at the table for over an additional 20 mins waiting for silverware that I ended up getting myself!! My food was freezing cold after all that waiting!! Service awful!!! Food worse!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dashep
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Good ales”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We sat in the bar area. I ordered the nachos and was not impressed at all. My wife had the stout and I had a rough rider both were very good. I would say stay away from the food but enjoy the ales.

• Visited April 2013
“Great local flavor.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here with friends while visiting Ft Leavenworth. It was one of his "must eat" places while traveling through town. This place is huge and packed, but big enough to accommodate the crowd and service was excellent. Great selection of steaks, burgers and other choices. I believe they are a micro brewery too if you are into beer. I had a ribeye and it was done very well. Good food, no complaints and would recommend if you're in town.

Dallas, TX
“Nice building - Average Food and Beer”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very cool old building with great atmosphere. Stopped in the restaurant side for Sunday lunch and it was mostly family and older couples (well, it *was* Sunday lunch!) but the saloon side of the building opens later in the day and it looked more geared towards the nightlife crowd. Beers are average at best. Had the flight and didn’t finish most of them. The food was average.

• Visited February 2013