“It's alright”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Lansing, Kansas
“It's alright”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I like the bbq here even though I miss chicken on the menu and St. Louis style spare ribs. However, the last few time we came here, my wife got sick soon after and had to remove the food from her system...She thinks it may be the smoking process or maybe they use a lot of lighter fluid...we don't know. Atmosphere is uncomfortable for even a family with an older teenager; it really is a bar.

• Visited May 2013

Leavenworth, Kansas
“Quite good”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I only order out because the dining area is way too small for me, but the ribs are fall off the bones good, and the sauce is tasty. I also like their side campfire fries, which I think are french fries that are fried in a sauté pan with onions added. VEry much like home fried potatoes. A nice change from the ordinary average french fries.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank adnilnosnhoj
Hohenfels, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pit stop BBQ”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Cool place eat good food and love the front porch feel. We will be back the service was great. We had the catfish and the high plains drifter was a great value. Try the fries they will not disappoint. Only complaint is they need to wipe down the condiments and redo a confusing menu. You have to have the waitress explain too much.

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is very small and gets very crowded. The fries are so good. Beans are good. The meat is so tender and juicy. We always get Ribs and sandwiches. They are always so good. The employees are always so friendly. Sauce tastes great. One of the best BBQ places around.

• Visited March 2013
ca
“Like a bar”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We have ordered out their food many times because the athmosphere is just not nice at all. However, the last two times I ate their BBQ burnt ends or brisket, I got really sick and was not able to keep it inside. I am not sure but it seems to me that the smoke flavor was extreme and caused z physical reaction. ... Or the frying oil was old perhaps. Anyway I will not go back.

• Visited April 2013