“BLAND, TASTELESS AND NOT AUTHENTIC!!!!!”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It's the best Thai restaurant in Leavenworth, because it's the only Thai restaurant in Leavenworth. Unfortunately, the other reviewers of Baan Thai don't know real Thai food and think that anything with an Asian sounding name served with rice is authentic. I speak with authority on this subject, having lived in Thailand for almost ten years and having a Thai wife. We have eaten there twice and it's been horrible both times.

As for the restaurant itself, it a fairly pleasant place, and the actual dining experience was OK; just unfortunate that the food was so bad. But, one can't expect the same quality or taste in the mid-west as they would find from a noodle stand on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok. The ingredients just aren't available to make it taste authentic.

As for the good part: you probably aren't going to get food poisioning as it looks fairly clean. Actually, it's much cleaner that the average restaurant in Thailand; perhaps that's why it doesn't taste authentic. Not enough rats in the kitchen....

2  Thank DipCourier

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I always enjoy a meal at Baan Thai. The service is good, and so is the food. I usually stick with the staples like fried rice, yellow curry, pad thai, all of which are excellent. Personally,I think they have the best fried rice of anywhere I've tried it, which is something of a hobby of mine. I've been there in groups from two to twenty two, and they always accommodate us.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a great restaurant. I could eat the yellow curry dish every day. I highly recommend giving the place a shot - you won't regret it!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

You can't go wrong at Baan Thai. I went for dinner with my wife and friends and was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was nice, Thai, and welcoming. We had a booth that was spacious and we appeared to be the only patrons there. The service was quick and knowledgeable. The food was very good and we took a large portion home with us (it was also great the next day). Their specials change so be sure to ask for the latest. I've never been during lunch, but I've heard good things.

This place is an absolute must if you are in the Fort Leavenworth area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have been to Baan Thai several times; most recent visit was Sep 1, 2013. My wife had the Seafood Pad Thai entree and I had Cashew Chicken. We shared a Crab Rangoon appetizer and my wife had a glass of white wine.
We really enjoyed the appetizer - it was served almost immediately, hot, and with a nice sweet and sour sauce. Supposed to be six but they always seem to miscount and send out seven - which we graciously accept without embarrassing them by pointing out the error.
Our entrees were delicious and, as usual, enough to feed two more people had there been any. So, we both took home a meal for another day - maybe tonight.
We appreciate the quality of the food and the rapid, friendly service. I'm sure we'll go back soon.