“Good service, looks clean and modern, okay food”
Review of Casa Agave - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa Agave
Cuisines: Mexican
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good service, looks clean and modern, okay food”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nothing really bad about this place. It seems to be at least somewhat family run and has good service, nice enough decor, and looks clean. The chips and salsa were pretty good, the ordered food was just okay. All three dishes we got had a green sauce (tomatillo?) rather than the red we expected, so they do take a different twist on Mexican than some of the other places around. I'll probably keep looking around for something better, but I would not have a problem eating here again.

• Visited October 2013

Pierre, South Dakota
“Stuffed yummy”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I love this little Mexico in the Central Midwest area. It is, in my opinion, clean, quiet, and relaxing

Visited April 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Chips, Salsa and Margaritas!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great menu to go along with the homemade chips, salsa and excellent margaritas. Much better than the other mexican place in town. In summary, pretty good mexican food considering it's in Kansas!

• Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not even close to mexican food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was craving some mexican food so we decided to try a different local mexican restaurant one weekend. We have driven past Casa Agave many times leaving Ft. Leavenworth so picked this place to try it out. Upon entering the place, we noticed the decor was nice, music was mexican so our hopes were really peaking and our taste buds were getting excited. We started with margaritas from the drink menu. The drink menu listed to prices, $5 and $7 so we ordered one of the higher price drinks which I assumed was a large so I said I will have your "large" drink. Little did I know, when you order "large" that is not the price of the one on the drink menu. They brought out a huge drink but I was charged $10, I was really disappointed this place used the old bait and switch price for drinks, oh well I pressed on hoping the food was good. It was not. We ordered combination plates, chicken and beef burritos and tacos and were given a large plate of tasteless ground beef wrapped in a soggy tortilla. I did not see any onions, cilantro, pica de galo, nothing, just tasteless ground beef, not even your usually smothering of cheap cheese whiz. The refried beans had a very strange orange brown color, very disturbing. I would never eat here again nor suggest anyone craving mexican to eat here. This was one of the worst places I have eaten.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank carolinacountry296
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great place for quick dinner”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We go here often. Great place with kids and service is excellent. The staff is very kind and takes orders for pickup. Excellent margaritas and decent food. This is probably the best Mexican food in town and its ok. We have had better, but we are talking about Leavenworth Kansas people! They also give military discount!

• Visited March 2013