“Chips, Salsa and Margaritas!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Chips, Salsa and Margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great menu to go along with the homemade chips, salsa and excellent margaritas. Much better than the other mexican place in town. In summary, pretty good mexican food considering it's in Kansas!

• Visited May 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Not even close to mexican food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was craving some mexican food so we decided to try a different local mexican restaurant one weekend. We have driven past Casa Agave many times leaving Ft. Leavenworth so picked this place to try it out. Upon entering the place, we noticed the decor was nice, music was mexican so our hopes were really peaking and our taste buds were getting excited. We started with margaritas from the drink menu. The drink menu listed to prices, $5 and $7 so we ordered one of the higher price drinks which I assumed was a large so I said I will have your "large" drink. Little did I know, when you order "large" that is not the price of the one on the drink menu. They brought out a huge drink but I was charged $10, I was really disappointed this place used the old bait and switch price for drinks, oh well I pressed on hoping the food was good. It was not. We ordered combination plates, chicken and beef burritos and tacos and were given a large plate of tasteless ground beef wrapped in a soggy tortilla. I did not see any onions, cilantro, pica de galo, nothing, just tasteless ground beef, not even your usually smothering of cheap cheese whiz. The refried beans had a very strange orange brown color, very disturbing. I would never eat here again nor suggest anyone craving mexican to eat here. This was one of the worst places I have eaten.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carolinacountry296
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great place for quick dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We go here often. Great place with kids and service is excellent. The staff is very kind and takes orders for pickup. Excellent margaritas and decent food. This is probably the best Mexican food in town and its ok. We have had better, but we are talking about Leavenworth Kansas people! They also give military discount!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great Place To Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Casa Agave in Leavenworth is a great Mexican restaurant. The food is always fresh and authentic. Homemade salsa, cheese dips etc are very good. The portions are huge and the service has always exceeded our expectations. Great location, easy to get to and plenty of parking.

• Visited March 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Very clean place; okay food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have lived in Texas way too long and my standards are way too high. Thus, this place is just okay to me. For starters, this is one of the cleanest restaurants I have been in. Staff was very friendly. Everyone enjoyed their food. I had the fajitas and they were okay...it was a deal breaker when the tortillas weren't home made. My son enjoyed a deluxe burrito (cheese sauce makes everything better, right?). We'll probably go again and I will try the carnitas or carne asada before I pass final judgment.

Visited November 2012