“High class at reasonable rates”
Review of Eldridge Hotel

Eldridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
New York City, New York
“High class at reasonable rates”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A quiet retreat on a busy and thriving street in a sweet college town.
We were on a circuit visiting the Truman and Eisenhower Libraries. We needed a respite before going to the airport the next day. The rooms were terrific. Two large flat screen TVs, refrigerator.
Only drawback was the noisy air conditioning. Considering the heat spell we didnt care as long as we kept cool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was in Lawrence visiting family and went for dinner to the Elderidge. The minute we walked into the hotel it felt like we had stepped into a grand old mansion. We then proceeded to Ten the restaurant we had chosen for dinner. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The food was DELICIOUS. But I have to give a special mention to the Creme Brûlée we had for desert. I wish I could have had more than one :-)! I will definitely make another visit to this hotel whenever I am in Lawrence next. Maybe try out their rooms as well next time. It was an extremely enjoyable evening and we all know that when we go anywhere for dinner, it is the staff, service, and food that makes or breaks the experience. And the Elderidge and their staff definitely came through for us.

S Mathur

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Smathuriam
Osawatomie, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

From the moment we walked into the hotel it was such a surreal experience. We came to Lawrence for a weekend away from our lives and who would have thought we would go down a path that would change our lives.

As soon as we walked into The Eldridge we were greeted with such a warm welcome. Throughout our stay each moment was a fateful twist and turn. Hour to hour it was always something new. From the spunky waitress at the Jayhawker, to getting a touch of Hollywood everyday from the housekeeper, and finally having the night desk clerk offer me a pillow and a blanket to curl up on the couch for a bit when the ghost scared me.

We went for a fun weekend at a haunted hotel, little did we know that hotel would turn into our home away from home and the staff our surrogate family. The Eldridge is truly THE treasure of Lawrence and the BEST hotel that I have EVER had the pleasure of staying at.

Room Tip: For a fun encounter with a harmless ghost check out the 5th floor! :-)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
katy, texas
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were a party of 9 and we rented three rooms. Each room was wonderful and accommodated all of our requirements...plenty of space to hang out and visit, to shower and dress and the bedroom areas are wonderful...good mattresses, pillows and air conditioning! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I loved my stay at the Eldridge Hotel. The location is perfect - you're right downtown and can walk to everything. My room was huge - it was a corner suite on the top floor with a funky little patio out the living room area. The bedroom had two queen beds, and the mattress was very comfortable. There's a TV in the bedroom and the color palette is very soothing.

The living room had a sleeper sofa, chairs, large flat-screen TV, and a wall of cabinets and counterspace, with a wetbar and a mini-fridge. The bathroom is large and the towels were really fluffy. I did have a hard time with the AC. If I turned it on in the living room, it never got the bedroom cool, even with the doors open. But, the AC unit in the bedroom was very noisy and the room got extremely cold in just a few minutes. So, I finally cranked the one up in the lr and it seemed to work. I didn't have any problems with noise because I was on the back side of the hotel.

I didn't eat in the restaurant, but did order room service up to my room for breakfast so I could eat as I got ready to leave early the next morning. The breakfast was really good and I was surprised that the charge slip didn't include a service charge for room service. Wow. I gladly tipped the staff member who brought it.

The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to see if I needed anything. I really want to come back and explore Lawrence more, so I will book my next stay at the Eldridge as well. It's a great place with so much history.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor and at the back of the building to avoid the street noise. You are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Osage City, Kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We rented three rooms for a family outing. All the rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Great beds, great TVs. Staff very friendly and valet parking nice. Good bar downstairs. Great location. One of our party had a room on the front of the building and thought they had a lot of street notice. Our room was on the other side and we did not hear a thing, especially with the air conditioning running. I would definitely recommend !

Room Tip: Non Mass street room quiter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while his friend's band was playing a show in town. We weren't in our room very much but the room was beautiful and the bed was comfortable. We got back to the hotel after 1:30am and we got the staff to serve us a nightcap so that was awesome. The only thing we can complain about is while we were at their restaurant the next day, the cleaning staff came into our room and cleaned and packed our bags and sent them down to the front desk for us. We got our bags brought back and proceeded to take showers and get ready so it didn't bother us but we did make the front desk a little angry.We were planning on staying another night but decided to leave. They charged us for late checkout but we got that taken care of that day. Other than that little mishap, we had a great experience and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012