“Reasonable Southwestern cuisine in Northeast Kansas” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Tropicana
Ranked #139 of 304 Restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Reasonable Southwestern cuisine in Northeast Kansas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The atmosphere is pleasant, inside or out on the patio. The food that I tried was light and tasty. I did not find anything either too salty or lacking taste. I recommend trying it if you are looking for another Mexican style choice in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Topeka, Kansas
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I eat here almost every time we are in Lawrence. We are from Topeka and visit Lawrence about every 2 weeks. The service is great, the food is perfect, the margaritas are great and the guacamole is the best I've ever had! I really like the occasional specials. They aren't just something that is always on the menu, they are made special just for that day and have never disappointed me. The pozole is absolutely fabulous on a cold day. We love to eat on the shady patio when weather permits

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eric P
Lawrence, Kansas
“Got to love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Let me see!!! Have been raised on La Tropicana, my kids come home to go to La Tropicana and take their kids. My daughter grew up on rice, beans and bean and cheese burritos with chips and home made salsa. We even have La Tropicana's phone number saved as a favorite. And don't forget, Low Riders......the best breakfast on a weekend in town. Del Campo family, keep doing what you are doing.......

Visited July 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
“MY FAVORITE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have lived in Lawrence for 29 years and this has consistently been my all time favorite. THe guacamole is SO good and the outdoor patio is fun on nice days.

Visited May 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
“Menu looks like early Taco Bell”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I should say that we eat at a lot of great Mexican restaurants that I set as a standard to compare to. The place is clean, but that is the best I can say for it. I was brought a large container of salsa, but no fresh chips. Fresh chips are free, and standard at all the good Mexican restaurants. I asked about chips, and told they were $2.75 more. The ordering from their menu I had a combination of 2 tacos, a burrito, a tostada, beans & rice. Hamburger for this order was $10.95, and if you want chicken $2 more. The service was very slow for such a simple order. I was totally disappointed in the quality. The quality at Taco Bell is just as good at half the price. Taco Bell also has a better menu selection. The choices are beef, or chicken. The chicken was two dollars more. The menu would not be vegetarian friendly, but I am not a vegetarian.

The place is way over priced, and that is not considering the additional cost of chips. Knowing what good Mexican food is I will never again darken their doorstep.

Visited June 2012