“Excellent quality”

Hampton Inn Lawrence
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel was quiet, clean and the beds exceptionally comfortable. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was good with all items fresh and hot. I will definitely seek out Hampton Inn in the future while traveling with my family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Derek F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Kerri,

I wanted to say thank you for sharing your feedback about your time with us here in Lawrence. Thank you for your complimentary words. I am glad to hear you will be staying at other Hampton's based on this trip. Hampton is a great brand that strives for consistency, and I think you will not be disappointed.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I can't say enough about the staff! I spend half of my time traveling on business and have experienced many 4 and 5 star hotels but the staff here shame most of the rest. The hotel fit our needs perfectly for our family trip but the staff were the icing on top. Very impressive.

1  Thank Jill A

Jill,
Thank you for taking a few moments of time to brag about our staff. They are pretty awesome in my opinion too! They work hard to make sure guests are taken care of and their needs met. I love hearing from guests about how good of a job the staff does.

Thanks for staying with us, I do hope your family trip was a success, and we hope to see you again here in Lawrence.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Friendly staff greeted us for a short, but nice stay. The public spaces were fresh and the rooms nice. Comfortable mattress. What I have come to expect for Hampton Inns. Has a fan in heater/ac unit that will run continuously, instead of the constant "on and off" of some modern units.

1  Thank Corey P

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We love it when people take the time to let us know how we are doing. The fan running continuously or shutting on and off, is simply a setting on most hotel's units. If you ever find yourself wanting to switch that setting simply contact our front desk (or any hotel you are at), and they should be able to address that for you.
Thanks again for your kind words, and we do hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Breakfast/Amenities just didn't seem to be up to snuff in Lawrence.

Staff was pleasant, but seemed to have better things to do than to help me with directions and chit-chat.

Really a bit of a awkward location.

I will look elsewhere my next stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback about your stay with our hotel. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and clearly we did not do that for you. We want our breakfast to be the best in town, and we certainly want our staff to make you feel valued and appreciated. I apologize that we failed to do that for you.

As a Hampton, we do offer our 100% guarantee, I would be happy to refund you for one night of your stay. Please contact me at your convenience.

Again I apologize, and do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what a great place we are to stay at.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've stayed at this property several times and I continue to come back because I know exactly what I'm going to get. Rooms are always clean; staff are reliable, pleasant, and helpful; the free breakfast has a lot of variety and fresh food products; location makes it easily accessible to campus, Clinton State Park, and downtown Lawrence; plus who can resist the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We take great pride in providing our guests with the best experience we can, and love to know we hit the mark. We appreciate you choosing our hotel, and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is my first time at this hotel. The hotel was really nice. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and clean. This Hampton has not yet switched to Neutrogena products in the bathroom. There is only one elevator and it is slow. The breakfast bar was ok. The english muffins were rock hard. I am not sure if they were old or left out too long and dried out. Cookies were served at night. The hotel also offered a hotel chocolate bar with mini marshmallows and sugar. I would stay here again. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the downtown area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your first stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, and thanks for your kind words. We have now switched over to the Neutrogena products 100%. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you return to Lawrence.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here four nights over Christmas and were very happy with our experience here. Room was always clean when we came back to our room and the staff was very helpful when we decided to stay one more day because my husband was not feeling well. The gym was clean and had quality machines and the indoor pool was nice to have in the middle of winter.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and thanks so much for your great comments about our hotel and our staff. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay out while in Lawrence, and we hope to see you again in the future.