All reviews room overlooking the park centennial park restaurants within walking distance free breakfast is ice machine microwave and fridge room was spacious the breakfast area staff was friendly dryer campus pet
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We stayed 1 night on a Saturday for $90. I wasn't impressed with the lobby and it actually made me concerned about what the room would look like. But to my surprise, the room was nice. You can tell they are trying to update the hotel. The carpet and bedding was new and modern but there was some wallpaper peeling, dented air vents and the TP holder was loose and falling off on one side. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was nice with a hot breakfast included. They had sausage links, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We arrived around midnight, walked up to our room and felt like we walked into a sauna. Seriously, it had to be 85 degrees in the room (I was roasting and I'm always cold). We turned on the air to no avail and then turned off the heat, but still hot air was pouring from the lint and dust covered vents. My husband went down to get another room and he was told that they have no air, and that all rooms are connected to the same heat, so it can't be turned off. He was told to open a window. We did this, but considering the hotel is on a busy road, we were up at 6am because of rush hour. In addition to the the heat, the air smelled like mold and mildew had a party, the shower stall smelled like urine, and the dead bugs in the bathroom grossed me out. The next morning when I spoke with the manager, she simply said "ok" for every complaint. That's it. Needless to say, if my son goes to college here, we will NEVER be staying here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Spent $100 for the night on the weekend seeing son that is attending KU. This was one of the cheapest I could find in town. Prices are jacked up everywhere in Lawrence on weekends at hotels. Room is still in the 70's style and although "clean", it still looked dirty. Walls are so thin that I thought I was in the same room as my neighbors were showing affection ......if you know what I mean. I would say the only really good thing about the stay was the staff was super friendly. The lady serving breakfast was an absolute doll!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2018

The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean. The shower was powerful and hot. Wifi was adequate. The HVAC was NOT adequate, did not blow cold air. Neither ice machine worked, and from the appearance of the "out of order" signs on each, have not worked in some time. There was a place for a refrigerator but alas not one in our room.

Room tip: Convenient to University and downtown. Look for the lowest rate available. This is just a place to sleep and shower.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Thankfully, we were only passing thru and not trying to "enjoy" this place. Funny smell in the stairwell - can't tell you what it was. The AC vents were full of dirt and around the shower there was black gunk. The fridge was also dirty. In the morning I got up early to take a shower (5 am) and no hot water...not even luke-warm water. Hot water in the sink, but that was it. Will not ever stay here again and do not recommend. The only good thing was that it was quiet.

Room tip: Do NOT choose a room here.
Date of stay: September 2018