“Don't stay here”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I planned to stay one night at the Super 8 Motel in Lawrence on business. However, when I turned down the bed I noticed hair, dirt, and stained sheets. Also, the outside temperature was 80 degrees F, which is unseasonably warm for early October. According to the staff, the motel's hallway did not have air conditioning. Furthermore, I couldn't regulate the room's temperature couldn't be regulated properly. I managed to get the credit added back to my credit card and I stayed at another motel without any penalty.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed @ super 8 in Lawrence during race time. nice comfteble bed nice tv * friendly well manner staff. I would recamand this hotel very plesed with stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just stopped for one night. Arrived late, left early. The front desk staff couldn’t have been nicer. That was unexpected given the cost of the room. That is the best I can say about this place

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Timnath, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is an old, rundown Super 8. It should be removed from their chain. The price was right, but not much else. The parking lot is crowded. The rooms are tiny. The wooden deck for the back door entrance should be reported to OSHA. It is about to fall down. It was fairly clean, and the breakfast was standard for Super 8s. The desk staff was adequate. The lobby and breakfast area was about 90 degrees and very uncomfortable. The TV in the room was nice. The Internet worked fine although, I may have been connected to an adjoining motel. The place was freshly painted throughout. I won't stay at this one again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Maybe we just hit this place on an off night, since we've usually had good experiences at other Super 8s, but I'd definitely find better quarters if ever staying in Lawrence again. We stayed here one Saturday night while visiting relatives recently. The room was a good price for a Saturday night on Mother's Day weekend and the check-in lady was fast and efficient.
But we had a terrible sleep. Twice in the middle of the night strange men pounded on our door looking for someone who wasn't there. It was noisy throughout the night and the walls don't do much to insulate the noise. The toilet ran constantly too, but we just shut the bathroom door to take care of that. Early in the morning we heard loud voices in the parking lot below along with someone calling out, "We can take you to jail." Sure enough, two police cruisers were parked there, and police were going through another vehicle parked in the lot while the apparent owner watched. There were LOTS of signs in the lot saying the hotel was not responsible for vandalism or thefts to cars parked there. Now we understood why.
The room also had a slightly foul odor too. Not sure what that was. On the plus side, the TV worked well and had a good line-up of channels. The continental breakfast was sparse and that area was quite cluttered too. Not very inviting. I was going to ask the check-out clerk what the commotion with the cops was about but he didn't speak English too well so I didn't bother. Upon packing the car I saw a man in the adjacent apartment complex urinating against the wall there. Wonderful.
But the hotel did brisk business and didn't seem to lack for customers. As I said, maybe it was just a bad night, particularly since it was a Saturday, but I don't think I would want to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2010

The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast offerings were a little weak but there was enough to get by. Not a great hotel but good enough for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This hotel is now a Super 8, and it appears that it isn't advertised well yet because there were almost no customers. They are in the process of renovation and everything seems fairly new inside. The only things in my room that were not brand new were the blanket and the bathroom sink. Everything else-floors, paint, tub, TV etc were brand new.
Because there were few customers, the parking lot seemed a little creepy with only one or two cars. Perhaps because of the lack of customers, there was no breakfast selection. Only coffee and a few muffins.
Also, I stayed there with a dog and it seems that the only grassy areas actually belong to neighboring properties, not the hotel itself.
It is not a luxery hotel, but I paid a very low price and believe that I got my money's worth.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo