All reviews underground parking two bedroom suite mass street small kitchen night life burner stove pots and pans location is walking distance full capacity breakfast offerings the main drag kitchen area pull out couch corner room room key free breakfast free weights
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2016

Found the underground parking garage to be very safe and . The bathroom was very spacious and enjoyed the kitchenette, even though I did not prepare a meal. Would have liked the closet to be in a different place, but
certainly could not fault that. The worst part of the stay was the breakfast the next morning, not much choice, and definitely thought food could have been much better.
All in all, loved the place and will not only stay there again when in Lawrence, but will look for other TownePlace Suites elsewhere.

Room tip: Was on back side of hotel, and it was very pleasant.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Spencer S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lawrence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

imatraveln94,

Thank you so much for submitting a review for TownePlace Suites. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a newer hotel, we are still working out some kinks, including our Breakfast offerings. We are always open to suggestions! If you have any specific suggestions on how we might improve our Breakfast Service, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!

Spencer Smith
tps.foets.gm@Marriott.com

Reviewed November 21, 2016

This is a great hotel. It appears to be fairly new. There is parking in the building, The location puts you in walking distance to all the downtown Lawrence has to offer. Best of all was the staff. Always friendly...Always helpful. The best was when I had to cut my visit short they were very understanding and only charged a small amount for the day that I had to leave early. I will never stay anywhere else Lawrence!
SK

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Quick overnight stay at this new TownPlace Suites situated maybe two miles from KU's visitor center for a college visit with my daughter checking out schools.

The room was large with two very comfy beds and a kitchen with cooktops and full size freezer and refrigerator.

We came from a weekend of softball games and also used their new coin operated laundry facility near the lobby. Cleaned the clothes well. $1 per load and the room is locked accessible with your room key.

Breakfast was free and included stuff to make our own breakfast sandwich. There was also hot oatmeal, eggs, yogurt etc.

Down the same block was also a delicious Ramen joint. We loved it. Also walked past a couple of Indian restaurants.

Very convenient location near Mass Ave and KU. I will be a regular if my daughter goes to school here.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank Peaprincess1972
Reviewed October 18, 2016

On a long road trip across country, I stopped here for one evening and it was by far the best hotel during the trip. They get huge points for allowing dogs, and even though there is a required pet deposit, it was well worth it since most places that allow pets are dumps where you feel like sleeping in your clothes.
TownePlace was so clean, decor was fun, the front desk folks were friendly and helpful, and it was in a perfect location -- only one block off of Massachusetts Ave.
The only negative thing is that housekeeping knocked loudly on my door at 11:15 a.m. even though I had the 'don't knock/don't disturb' sign on the door and checkout isn't until noon.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2016

We stayed here for a KU prospective student visit. One block over from Mass street. Five minute drive to campus. Spacious room and comfortable beds. Was very happy with the room and proximity to KU and area.

Date of stay: October 2016