“Now ACAPULCO MEXICAN GRILL, 785-832-9400”
Review of El Sol Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

EL SOL is gone.
Now Acapulco Mexican Grill is OPEN for business, call us at 785-832-9400.
1520 Wakarusa Drive, Lawrence Kansas
The shopping center of 15th and wakarusa

Reviewed April 17, 2016

Stopped in for lunch and were seated immediately. This somewhat out of the way (not overly crowded) restaurant was in a location that I am not normally around, but it was on my way between places this day.
The service was very good. Our drinks came quickly, as did the chips and salsa. The only slight issue was when I asked if I could get a side salad in place of rice and beans. The server seemed confused. The manager came to our table to confirm our orders. I explained that if I couldn't sub a side salad for rice and beans that was not a problem, just leave off the rice and beans. When lunch was served not only did I get a side salad with my entree, it was the largest, most beautiful side salad. Lettuce, cheese, pico, guacamole, sour cream, and sliced avocado. It was wonderful. The entree was also very good. I ordered a chicken taco and a cheese and onion enchilada. The shredded chicken in the taco was seasoned nicely. The enchilada was almost too cheesy, but hardly a reason to complain!

Reviewed March 4, 2016

We were in Lawrence on a Saturday around 1pm and many of our favorite spots were full and overflowing. we tried this restaurant for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. the service was prompt and we enjoyed the stuffed jalapeno appetizer although it might ne too hot for some. the fajita quesadilla was excellent. nice to find a new favorite.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

El Sol is a good restaurant for a nice Mexican meal.
I am rating it average because we have at two superior Mexican places in Lawrence.
We go there when we are in the area and don't want to drive further.
The food is good here - give it a try.

Reviewed September 19, 2015

A nice Mexican restaurant on the west side of Lawrence Kansas: it features the standard Mexican fare, along with specials on the nights that KU plays. Their entrees are more than enough to eat, and comes with a very unique salsa blend. You should try this place at least once and see for yourself.