“Good value, pet friendly”

Best Western Lawrence
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We needed a place to spend the night after packing up an apartment. This hotel was clean and more than adequate for our needs. Only complaint would be that the two rooms we booked were not very close to each other. Breakfast bar was terrific for the cost of our stay.

Room Tip: Only stairs to reach second floor rooms, which would be fine unless you have a lot to schlepp to you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Lawrence

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this motel. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was "typical," but clean and pleasant. And the included breakfast was one of the best "hotel breakfasts" I've had in a long time. Its location is something of an issue, since it is some distance from downtown shops and restaurants, but all in all, a very nice place to spend a night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros: Good size room, comfortable beds.
Cons: Not that clean, cobweb in the corner; no light on outside corridor and stairway - we had to use our flashlight on our phone to see where we were going. 2 out of 3 machines were broken in the workout room, which was not easy to find as it is not in the main building.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Not a road warrior, but have stayed in worse places. The bathroom was very small; only smaller on a converted U. S. Navy ship on a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands which was the size and shape of a torpedo tube.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I felt the advisor was helpful. He did have the rooms set up properly. I would have rather been in the main building, so to be closer to the pool and food. The location was convenient to most things we wanted to do in Lawerence.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were there to take a friend's daughter to KU. Check-in was easy, and all employees we had contact with were great. The lady who runs the expanded breakfast in the am was AWESOMELY FRIENDLY and did a GREAT JOB!!!!! The breakfast had the usual continental items, plus good coffee, orange juice, apple juice, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and sausage patties, and all were fresh and delicious!!!! The lady running it chatted with me for a few minutes while she was heating more biscuits. The food was fresh, delicious, and made even better since the gal working in the area really seemed to care that we liked what we were eating (and cared enough to chat with the people in the room.... just a bit, but not too much, and didn't squelch her duties). My only complaint was that my bed was very hard and very uncomfortable..... I only slept a few hours the 1 night we were there. The pillows are good, but I kept tossing & turning most of the night.... I don't know if it's just me or not, but I've stayed in 4 other hotels/resorts in 2012-2013, and was never that uncomfortable. If not for the uncomfortable mattress, this hotel would get my highest rating. So... sleep quality was poor for me.. but the other 5 in my party didn't complain... dang..... must just be me.... :( Only other issue is that my family likes to set our A/C for pretty cold, and after it was on the coldest for 6 hours, I only wanted a sheet on as I slept.... but as I said, we like it chilly... so...... room 318, fan on high, and A/C on coolest temp, was still not as cold as we like, but would've been comfy for most.....

Room Tip: In room 318 the A/C doesn't get very cold, and the fridge only keeps food cool, but........ Roo...
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a very rude experience with the clerk upon check in, rooms were great, clean, fun pool however expect to "monitored" if you are not blonde and blue eyed. Didn't get to experience much since I didn't feel welcome. Filed a complaint with the corporate office and still have not received response from this location.

• Stayed: August 2013