“Best Western - why you should choose this place!”

Best Western Lawrence
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed August 7, 2013

So I read a ton of reviews so I have felt compelled to start contributing since I rely on Tripadvisor so much.So this was my first time to my Jayhawk husband's beloved Lawrence. I left this trip up to him. When he said "Best Western" I wasn't so sure. I am not a hotel snob but I feel like a Hilton Garden Inn is just about the way to go for everything. Anyway - this place was just perfect for our stay. Glamour? No. But the staff was super friendly, the location was fabulous, the accommodations were just fine, the pool and Jacuzzi were big enough and not crowded and clean - a true highlight for my kids. The breakfast buffet was awesome and I felt "at home" within 1 day. A great bang for the buck and really great on so many levels!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Lawrence

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Check-in was easy and fast, the room was clean and quiet and had all amenities we expected.
The breakfast had a nice variety of well-prepared food and--most important--had a pleasant, full time attendant making sure every item was available. Biscuits and gravy and full-strength coffee were highlights. We also enjoyed both the large pool and the hot tub. All of this came at a price
that was $10 per night less than we had spent previously at a less enjoyable hotel. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Lawrence Best Western is the closest hotel to KU. The staff is awesome and the rooms always clean and comfortable. Breakfast is served daily, the pool is always sparkling, and there is a new fitness room. When we visit Lawrence, it is our first pick!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I usually hesitate to recommend any hotel/motel to the general public; however, the Best Western in Lawrence, KS is an exception. It is a great place to stay. We always look forward to our stay in Lawrence at this Best Western. Dennis and Mary B

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western for 3 nights for my daughter's University of Kansas orientation. I honestly don't understand what some people are complaining about. We had an exterior access room. The room was 4 star quality. Clean,smelled newly painted and had new carpet. Pillow top beds, at least 3 layers thick of bedding,5 pillows per bed, flat screen tv,fridge, microwave,more than enough thick and soft towels, toiletries...The first night we arrived at 10:15 pm and went straight to the pool. The pool was large, warm, and clean as well as the hot tub. The staff brought us fresh warm towels and best of all they didn't kick us out at the 11pm close time. They allowed us to relax after our long 7.5 hour drive from Illinois. Even offered us some muffins,cookies and beverages to hold us over til morning and a wake up call. These welcoming folks were young 20ish year old gentleman. They offered us area information from dinning to public transportation and how to get to the beach. They welcomed my daughter with a hardy and heart felt "ROCK CHALK!!! JAYHAWK!!!" Morning breakfast was extended continental... eggs,sausage,biscuits,make your own waffles, coffee, and my daughters favorite apple juice. Rita the breakfast lady was sooo sweet. Rita extended an invitation to my daughter to join her family for Thanksgiving dinner if the weather was bad and she couldn't get home for the holiday. I couldn't help my self but to give them each a hug and thank them before we left. I left my gym shoes in our room when we left and they called me to offer to mail them for me,instead I asked the to hold my shoes as we will be returning in a few weeks for KU move in day. They have called me 2 times to remind me my shoes are there and they will mail them at no cost to me. I have already booked our next trip with them and requested the same perfect room. We will not stay any where else in Lawrence! THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR TRIP EVEN MORE SPECIAL AND WONDERFUL!!! ROCK CHALK BEST WESTERN!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!!!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I know that Best Westerns are not the lap of luxury and I've stayed in quite a few, but this particular motel is like stepping back in the 1980s. The decor is outdated, the room is absolutely tiny and the bathroom is so small you can barely turn around in it. The price was right (it was very inexpensive), but the rooms need to be upgraded. The pool was fine, and the breakfast was fine as well, but we were happy to get out of there after one night's stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good price and a very good breakfeast. Location of hotel was not to far off the Interstate. Room was clean & comfortable but may need an extra blanket. Staff was attentive to needs. Would probably stay here again if passing thru.