“A Trip To Remember”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Dallas, Texas
“A Trip To Remember”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel for a few days while in town visiting. The hotel was recommended to me by family and i can say it was truly great! If i come back to Lawrence i definitely know where i will be staying! The staff is wonderful especially the front desk agent Jenn who went out of her way to get us the extra blankets we wanted. The hotel is very nice and reasonably priced. I can't wait to visit the family again and stay here after some of the remodeling is done!! The breakfast is wonderful as well as the breakfast lady Rita! She is very enjoyable! They made our mini vaca one to remember!

Room Tip: They have 2 separate buildings. If you want to be in the Main Interior building you will need to spe...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Deb A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We have stayed here numerous times and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff is so helpful, the breakfast is great and the rooms are very clean and nice. Our family really has always been impressed. We will always stay here when we are in Lawrence.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank whampel
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three days and I can truely say it was clean and comfortable inside the room. I was here for a freshmen orentation for University of Kansas. Every night I was so glad to see that hotel because it was a all day thing. I will be back to stay again. It helped because the school recommend this hotel and we had a non-smoking room. The elevator needed to be clean and the glass from the upstairs, looking down at the pool area needed to be clean. We looked each day to see if they cleaned that glass but they didn't. Overall if they would clean the elevator or just the little places it would
make that hotel look like a five star

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lilsue57
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Non-smoking rooms cost more than smoking rooms.Why? the rate is way too high for such a dump. the room is dirty, the TV is ancient, the bathroom is a dump. The fan and lights don't work. The bathtub is pealing paint. I'm stuck here for the night and it sucks badly....HELP.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank meindigitalform

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Long road trip from Minneapolis. Visiting KU with my Son. I didnt have a reservation and have never been to Lawrence Kansas. We arrived and drove down the street looking for a hotel close to the campus. We went back and decided to try the Best Western. I got a decent price and we stayed. Because we were tired and had to get up the next day at 8:30 am, we didnt use the pool or visit the restaurants near the hotel. All I can tell you that the bed was comfortable and the room was decent. Two queen beds and a bathroom. The sink and a coffee maker was outside the bathroom. It was quiet and nice. The breakfast was not in our plan. I did have the coffee and thought it was lukewarm. No frills but no problems and the good price.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank EdenPraireMom
seattle
Reviewed February 24, 2011

On a trip home I decided to stay at this hotel. on my travels, BW are nice!. this place was dirty, mold upon the wall, hair in the bathroom , not to mention the coffee pot was dirty. I kept my shoes on, after walking in my stocking feet and felling like the dirty "carpet" grab my feet. The next time i'm in Lawrence, I will drive right past this BW

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank mykeeSeattle
Reynoldsburg
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This property is ideally located at the corner of Iowa and Clinton, very convenient to KU, restaurants, shopping and downtown. The place was clean, front desk staff courteous, room spacious and well appointed. The breakfast was above average quality and selection and very well maintained. I plan to stay again on subsequent trips as the value and location cannot be beat!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo