“Great Value and Dog Friendly”

Motel 6 Lawrence KS
Motel 6 Lawrence KS
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Great Value and Dog Friendly”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed in back to back Motel 6s on our trip...both same price $56. The first one was beyone awful, and this Motel 6 was a great bang for the buck. The room was clean, had 2 queen beds, free wi-fi and a mini-frig. So, highly recommend you read reviews for the specific Motel 6 you want to stay in because they are not consistent from one to the next. The draw for us was close to the highway and dog friendly...and this Motel 6 exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Over the years of traveling for my job I have stayed at many places that were well worth the money and some that should have been for free because of the conditions of the hotel and staff. I can truly say that for the last three years this has become my place to stay when I'm in the area. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Many of them remember me over the years and even ask me how I've been. It's great to have a place to stay at while on the road working and they treat you like family. Cleanliness of the hotel is on par with the better hotels I stay in. Location is perfectly off the turnpike and is only a few mins away from campus where I work. If your in the area for any amount of time and on a budget, this is a great place for the price.

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I often stay at Motel 6's because they are dog friendly and they are all pretty much the same. However, this one was much better than average and I was pleasantly surprised! It was clean, quiet (even given it's location next to the highway), and had amenities that most Motel 6's don't have. Great value for the money. The best thing about this stay was a trucker hauling a load of roses handed out a dozen roses to any ladies staying the hotel who wanted some. Very nice surprise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My overall rating of Very Good is based on the price and what you expect out of a budget hotel. The fee was moderate and reasonable and the rooms were recently renovated. They were able to accommodate us for an extra night (mid-week) which was helpful. The front desk staff were nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family was on our way to Washington DC. We stop because it got really late and we had our 2year old daughter with was. We check in slept in our clothes the room was that dirty. Couldn't sleep because we were being bitten by ants in the beds. I recommend no one stay here at motel 6 in Lawrence Kansas.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night on our way to visit our son in KC, too tired to continue we see a Motel 6 right off of the highway. Walk in around midnight, the girl came from somewhere in the back and asked "What do you need"? My husband waved his hand to signal me not to say something. Her appearance was poor and she was rude. Get to the room, thank goodness we had our own towels, they were filthy as a fish. The shower was molded and I wanted to cry. Horrible place. I stayed up all night cause I felt like I was in an episode of "The Shining". There was coffee in the morning and we were greeted at 8ish in the morning by a nice black lady. She asked how our stay was my husband replied "It will do". Her smile was the only thing positive. Thank you Connie. Don't spend one nickel here, housekeepers are loud, I guess that's what they use to wake us up, there are no alarm clocks!! Run far away!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Doubleteam
Kansas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I booked into this hotel for two nights due to bad weather conditions. Via their website, I booked at a rate of around $44 plus tax per night, as opposed to the in-the-door rate of $99. This is not the Marriott, nor is it the Hilton. This is a place to book if you need a room for the night that has basic amenities and you don't require all the frills of a more upscale place.

The first night I stayed in a non-smoking room (ended up cancelling my reservation as my company had booked some of us, so it saved me money). I had free Wifi Internet and a large flat-screen tv, with a micro-fridge. There were two queen beds. Shower worked fine and the bed was comfortable. In the morning, I asked if I could leave my bag somewhere as I didn't want to have to trudge through the snow with it back to work and then trudge back later that night (after a 15 hour work day) when I was exhausted. Management happily booked me into my next room, which was a smoking room that I had requested on MY reservation. The room was fine and had a micro-fridge and microwave as well as two queen beds on the upper level. Flat screen tv worked fine, but while my laptop detected several wifi connections, it couldn't pick them up. Really, that would be only complaint. The bed linen was adequate (nothing fancy, but clean). Both rooms were clean and tidy. They offered free coffee in the lobby and there was a vending machine on site. They offer water in a bottle for $1.

Management and staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. I would recommend that if you're not after the Hilton, or their exorbitant prices, but need somewhere reliable to stay while in Lawrence, this is as good a place as any. Just remember, book online to secure a cheaper rate and if you need to cancel, cancel before 6pm online. I have read other reviews elsewhere indicating this is not a great place, but just remember...what are you staying there for? It's fine for families, commuters and stop-overs, but not recommended as a honeymoon suite :)

Side note: management told me they're in the process of remodeling, so there will be some changes in some of the rooms.

Room Tip: For better wifi connection, choose a room on the ground floor, not at the end of the building. Room...