“Very good for price”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good for price”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My overall rating of Very Good is based on the price and what you expect out of a budget hotel. The fee was moderate and reasonable and the rooms were recently renovated. They were able to accommodate us for an extra night (mid-week) which was helpful. The front desk staff were nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family was on our way to Washington DC. We stop because it got really late and we had our 2year old daughter with was. We check in slept in our clothes the room was that dirty. Couldn't sleep because we were being bitten by ants in the beds. I recommend no one stay here at motel 6 in Lawrence Kansas.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night on our way to visit our son in KC, too tired to continue we see a Motel 6 right off of the highway. Walk in around midnight, the girl came from somewhere in the back and asked "What do you need"? My husband waved his hand to signal me not to say something. Her appearance was poor and she was rude. Get to the room, thank goodness we had our own towels, they were filthy as a fish. The shower was molded and I wanted to cry. Horrible place. I stayed up all night cause I felt like I was in an episode of "The Shining". There was coffee in the morning and we were greeted at 8ish in the morning by a nice black lady. She asked how our stay was my husband replied "It will do". Her smile was the only thing positive. Thank you Connie. Don't spend one nickel here, housekeepers are loud, I guess that's what they use to wake us up, there are no alarm clocks!! Run far away!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Doubleteam
Kansas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I booked into this hotel for two nights due to bad weather conditions. Via their website, I booked at a rate of around $44 plus tax per night, as opposed to the in-the-door rate of $99. This is not the Marriott, nor is it the Hilton. This is a place to book if you need a room for the night that has basic amenities and you don't require all the frills of a more upscale place.

The first night I stayed in a non-smoking room (ended up cancelling my reservation as my company had booked some of us, so it saved me money). I had free Wifi Internet and a large flat-screen tv, with a micro-fridge. There were two queen beds. Shower worked fine and the bed was comfortable. In the morning, I asked if I could leave my bag somewhere as I didn't want to have to trudge through the snow with it back to work and then trudge back later that night (after a 15 hour work day) when I was exhausted. Management happily booked me into my next room, which was a smoking room that I had requested on MY reservation. The room was fine and had a micro-fridge and microwave as well as two queen beds on the upper level. Flat screen tv worked fine, but while my laptop detected several wifi connections, it couldn't pick them up. Really, that would be only complaint. The bed linen was adequate (nothing fancy, but clean). Both rooms were clean and tidy. They offered free coffee in the lobby and there was a vending machine on site. They offer water in a bottle for $1.

Management and staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. I would recommend that if you're not after the Hilton, or their exorbitant prices, but need somewhere reliable to stay while in Lawrence, this is as good a place as any. Just remember, book online to secure a cheaper rate and if you need to cancel, cancel before 6pm online. I have read other reviews elsewhere indicating this is not a great place, but just remember...what are you staying there for? It's fine for families, commuters and stop-overs, but not recommended as a honeymoon suite :)

Side note: management told me they're in the process of remodeling, so there will be some changes in some of the rooms.

Room Tip: For better wifi connection, choose a room on the ground floor, not at the end of the building. Room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

this hotel fit my needs just fine nothing fancy just a nice place to stay.Staff was very friendly and since I travel for business all year is it felt safe thats a big plus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

frienly staff comfortable big size rooms newly tile floor and re done bathroom looks good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stars based on price. Front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. Motel is hard to find, tucked way back from a frontage road behind a gas station. Cost was $45. Sheets and pillows were nice, room was large and had a fridge and microwave, small table and hairs, and a couch. However, lots of carpet stains and motel in general seems run down. There were no towels when we got to the room, and we noticed later that there was no shampoo, or facial tissue in the dispenser. There is an elevator for second floor. You will likely hear trains in the middle of the night. Served our purpose for an inexpensive place to sleep for a few hours.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family