“Not good customer service, argued with me about my meal.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #18 of 307 Restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted Best Breakfast and Brunch by the Lawrence World Journal, First Watch specializes in delicious creations freshly-prepared to order. Their fresh, award-winning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch dishes are made using only the best ingredients without the use of heat lamps or deep fryers. The best part is their creative menu features traditional favorites like omelets, pancakes, salads and sandwiches.
Gypsum, Kansas
“Not good customer service, argued with me about my meal.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The first time we went for breakfast it was good but not very good service. We decided to try it again anyway. I ordered Eggs Benedict and specifically asked the waitress to make sure the cook gets the poached eggs done enough so the whites are cooked well. When our food arrived, not only was the eggs cold, the white part of the egg was still clear and raw. When I finally caught the waitresses attention to send them back I told my family to eat theirs before it got cold. After 25 minutes, she brought out my food and said " the cook said your eggs were cooked perfectly and nothing was wrong, but he remade them anyway." She then proceeded to tell me that I should have asked for them to be cooked more when I ordered them. The plate was supposed to come with sliced avocado and tomatoes which were apparently thrown away with the original eggs. The English muffin was from my original plate which was cold and soggy.
Never again. We will wait an hour if necessary to go to Milton's next time!!!

• Visited August 2012
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Antonio, Texas
“Solid breakfast place”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

First Watch is on-par with my reliable home-town spot in Dallas: Cindy's. They have huge pancakes, including healthy versions with fruit on top; omelets are good as well. The coffee is good and keeps flowing. The service is quick and though it's packed, wait times are short. It's definitely worth a visit if you are in town.

• Visited June 2012
Allen, Texas
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have family in Lawrence and have visited there several times over the years. Each trip I make sure to visit First Watch, best breakfast in town!

Visited May 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
“Chain but good breakfast”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Banana Crunch Pancakes and Omelets are great here. I don't really care for the ritzy re-model though. It was nicer and homier before. Still good food!

Jackson, Michigan
“Quality spiraling out of control & NO ONE CARES!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Have been a big fan of this breakfast place for many, many years and it is sad how the mighty have fallen. Every time our travels take us to Lawrence we look forward to visiting 2 places with First Watch being one of those. Scrambled eggs and omlets have always been hot and fluffy. Biscuits were better than homemade and potatoes were beyond perfection. The biscuits I had with my biscuits & gravy were not cuttable with a knife let alone a fork. They tasted as if they were leftover from a previous day and then microwaved. Having not ate them I thought the waitress might inquire as to what was wrong, but apparently it must be ordinary for people to order stuff and not eat it cause she never asked how it was. The cashier and Mgr who also struck up conversations with me NEVER inquired about how our meal was. I guess if they don't care, I guess I shouldn't either. I found out from a friend that they are not individually owned anymore but are part of a corporation which explains alot. First Watch I am going to miss you.

Visited December 2011