“Okay, not great”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had heard good things about this restaurant. The atmosphere was good, the place is clean, the staff is friendly, the food is so-so. I had the toasted beef ravioli, it tasted okay but was nothing special. It looked to be prepared from frozen, not freshly made. My husband had the chicken sharesh - again, nothing special. A chicken breast (small) with greek seasonings, advertised as char-broiled, but more like lightly grilled. His plate also had rice pilaf and greek beans (think over-cooked southern style beans). His comment was 'bland'.

Prices were not bad if the food had been better. I feel we overpaid for what we got.

We did smell cigarette smoke a couple of times during the meal. The front door has a no smoking sign and we did not see any patrons smoking - we are guessing the staff was smoking in the back and the smell was wafting out to the front from time to time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been go to Mad Greek for many years, and they consistently have great food. All the Greek standards are excellent and they also have good lasagna for those who may shy away from the Greek selections. My favorite is the Mad Greek Combo, you can get a little bit of everything and its all good. Also, there is a buffet on Sundays for lunch only. This is great for people who would like to try a little bit of a lot of different dishes.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a great place to eat on Mass St. when you want to have something unique and certainly not the usual sandwich shop or chain restauarant. It's a small cafe, but very nice with friendly staff and a great atmosphere inside. The outside is misleading compared to the Greek decor you'll find inside. The food is great! We tried the humus dip, and the Gyros and Souvlaki lunches with Greek-style green beans; all of which we'd recommend! The Greek-style green beans are green beans braised in a tomato sauce with tiny potatoes; and they are very good! The humus is also probably the best I've ever had. It's very creamy and tastes great with a spinkle of lemon.

This place is worth a stop when in Lawrence!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Mad Greek Combo is my favorite... Great Service waitstaff are always pleasant & attentive. Don't have to break the piggie bank to enjoy a good meal. The pricing is reasonable.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Will never eat here again. I am very sad that we decided to stop in for a bite while in Lawrence.
My son insisted that we eat greek, so in we went.

Portions are pricey for the size. Then you get nickle and dimed for ever little extra thing you order. The food is definately NOT prepared in house. It is bland. Our order was not delivered to us as we had requested. I will give good marks to our server who apologized and quickly brought us the correct order.

Unfortunately, all 3 of us ended up with a terrible stomach issue. I will spare the details. Wish that had not happened!

I would say that KC is not too far away, and there are definatley better places to eat Greek there.