“Delicious food with great beer choices”

Free State Brewing Co
Ranked #5 of 367 Restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a road trip heading west and spent the night in town. Followed the great reviews here and they were spot on! Seated and greeted immediately. There were at least 8 or 10 beer choices (lagers, IPAs, an oatmeal stout, and even a sour beer). The ones we tried were very tasty. We had a series of appetizers, along with a dinner salad, and were very pleased with our choices. The chicken tenders had a delicious, unique flavor, as did the baked goat cheese. Service was accurate and prompt. Prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (807)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ve known the owner for many years and you can not beat his quality at either the Free State or Wheatfields.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Stupid good beer and amazing menu with the best of the best in Lawrence--If you don't go you are missing out big time!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Checked out this place while on a trip to KU. Great food, nice atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

My daughter had the Artichoke Tomato Tortellini & I had the Sonoma Shrimp Fettuccine. We both really liked our food, although my dish ended up being a little more unhealthy that I anticipated;) Unfortunately, it was so loud that it was a little hard to hold a conversation (a Thursday evening around 6 PM). I also did not enjoy walking through cigarette smoke to enter & leave the restaurant, but it just may be something I have to get used to when visiting Lawrence?

Date of visit: August 2019