“Slice of heaven in middle america.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Kansas City, Missouri
“Slice of heaven in middle america.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just spent a month traveling through europe and was dreading coming back to the states. Lawrence, KS of all places was my destination for a friend's wedding. Expecting a dud of a room and the average wham-bam hotel experience. Sure enough, even arriving in the dead of night, the attendant (Chase) was more than happy to fix me up in my room and even help me with the television (Not tech savvy, I suppose). Breakfast was great and got up and on with my morning after a review of restaurants by Chase. Great staff, great rooms. Only minus was parking, but I could care less. I will be back.

Room Tip: Noticed west side had the traffic close to the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kevin A
LawrenceComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and I appreciate your positive feed back and can not wait for you to return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had a wonderful experience the 3 weeks I stayed in the beginning of April. The day I arrived I was greeted by wonderful young lady, Morgan, she was very friendly an helpful. I had my reservation done my company, once I mentioned my name, she had my paperwork ready for me to sign, my keys were already made. It was very prompt an professional, she notified me of the full breakfast offered every morning with when the hours it served. I was really impressed with her friendly attitude and professionalism. I would definitely recommend staying here, I know I will be back when I come through the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reymundo R
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the comfort inn. i Am happy to hear that Morgan was helpful and hope you choose to stay with us again.
NYC
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I loved Comfort Inn. it's friendly, roomy, clean and good looking. The room was large with good decor and hardware (with the only exception of the small and uncomfortable bath tub), the bed was huge and comfortable, the TV - big and true HD with more satellite channels than I have at home. Great service, too. Every day after 4 they serve freshly made cookies with very good quality coffee in the lobby. When we overslept and missed "not so continental" breakfast - it includes eggs, bacon and hash browns - the hotel manager went to the kitchen and BAKED US COOKIES! The location is not best, but if you drive or have someone to pick you up, stay at Comfort Inn. I know I will next time I visit my daughter in Lawrence. Bring your swimsuit for the indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tankhimo
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I am sorry the bath tub was not to your liking but another option we offer is a jacuzzi suite, which is nice and big, something to keep in mind for your next visit. Cannot wait to see you again!
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were traveling through the area enroute to another destination. We were lucky to get the last available room. The lobby was busy, but the desk attendant was great. She took care of everyone and followed up by bringing us take out restaurant listings to our room when she had a break. The room was clean and comfortable. Very pleased and would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Violet099
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for your glowing review, we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Johnston, Iowa, USA
Reviewed March 18, 2014

There were many nice things about this hotel. The locations is great, and the staff is super friendly. The rooms were quite clean, the beds fairly comfy, the water pressure decent. The breakfast was nicely stocked, clean, and fresh. Only 2 things kept this stay from being a 5 star review - the WiFi was awful, and the noise level. My kids kept trying to log on to the Internet, and they would get on, but pages would time out before they could load. In addition, the noise level in the hotel was pretty high. It was not a busy night at all, but you could hear people talking in the rooms, and every time a door would slam it would echo down the hallway. I understand this happens at all hotels, but this seemed significantly louder here. Personally, I don't think these 2 negatives outweigh the positives, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Quinter, Kansas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows, clean bathrooms, hotel areas in general. Pleasant and helpful staff. Continental Breakfast was Awesome! and ranged from cereal and rolls to eggs, biscuits & bacon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
LawrenceComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 3, 2014

JJMJR

Had room in Lawrence, had to stop in Topeka. Was 1 hr past cancel time, Tayton Trent took my info, called his mgr Mike Durner & did not charge me for room. This Platinum member says thank you...and I will definitely stay there my next time through.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business