“Decent hotel just off highway”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Coppell TX
“Decent hotel just off highway”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here on two independent nights. The hotel is fairly new and sits on the way into Lawrence. We had a decent stay with a clean and quiet room. One night we had a king bed, and the next night we stayed, we had two double beds.

The breakfast was just fine and was your typical hotel continental breakfast that many hotels are now including with a room. Nothing to write home (or TripAdvisor) about, but satisfactory.

This hotel is not near the KU campus. It is not far (maybe a 10-15 minute drive), but a car is helpful to get to campus. If being on or within walking distance to the KU campus is important to you, this is not the hotel for you.

Also, on our second night's stay, the desk clerk wasn't sure how to handle our reservation which we booked on Travelocity. We booked it under my husband's name, but he was not on the trip with us. She asked me to call my husband to confirm that we were under the reservation. It was a very odd situation. I explained that we had been at the that hotel two nights before with the same type of reservation and had no problems. I also told her that we shared the same credit card that was used to make the reservation. After a few more minutes, she relented and said I did not have to contact my husband. I told her I would happily do that, but didn't understand why I had to. She said they have problems with students trying to use their parent's credit cards to stay at the hotel. I'm still unsure why this was confusing for her, but I'm chalking it up to inexperience perhaps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasLCJE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

After travelling with two young children across the country we arrived at this wonderful establishment around 12am. The front desk staff was professional, friendly, & quick to get us into the best room we stayed at during our 3300 mile car trip. The room was immaculate and the price was reasonable. What a relief to sink into comfortable bedding after a long drive. The flat screen and Direct TV was just one more thing to make us feel at home. Breakfast was excellent, and well maintained. If you are driving through Kansas City the extra 30 minutes out of town is worth it to find a gem like this place. We will be back!!!

1 Thank Annie R
LawrenceComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your raving review it was very helpful and informative. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I hope you come back and stay with us again soon.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and will not stay anywhere else when I am in Lawrence. The rooms are clean, modern, and the beds are comfortable. Large high definition TVs with Direct TV. On top of the quality of hotel, they have a wonderful staff. I left a belonging on my last stay and Galina, who was behind the front desk, went out of her way to make sure I got it back quickly. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here one night before a KU student orientation. Check in was quick and easy. The cookies were warm and chewy! Yum. They also offered a free bottle of cold water which was a nice touch. Our room was nicely decorated with plenty of space. It included a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms were nice and quiet. The pool area was clean and the kids enjoyed swimming in it. The breakfast was nice and included scrambled eggs, bacon and they also had regular and blueberry waffles that were tasty. The drive to KU took about 15 minutes - so it was very convenient.

1 Thank FlynnCO
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were told this hotel is only a year old. It's very nice, double queen room was larger than usual, looks and smells clean, nice decor, good breakfast. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay in this hotel again!

Conroy, Iowa
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was a stop on our trip from Iowa to Texas. I booked it because the reviews looked great and I was not disappointed. The kids thought the cookies at check-in were the best! Both kids enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed the breakfast with the softest yummy biscuits I had on this trip. It was a great stop to rest on our way home. It will be on our list to visit again.

1 Thank Cooperton
Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent two nights and the Comfort Inn, one week apart, going and coming from a visit in Illinois. It's been a while since we met such a friendly staff in a motel. Wonderful! The night clerk was very helpful in advising places to eat and we weren't disappointed with her recommendation. The motel has Dish TV with over 100 channels allowing us to wind down after an 8 hour drive with lots of choices for entertainment.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise since it's near a busy street. Not sure you can avoid it so if you a...