All reviews room was clean will stay there again indoor pool interstate microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here once before while traveling, which is why I stayed again. My first experience was pleasant, but after this one, I will never stay again. I recommend that no one else stay here either, there are plenty other hotels in the area.

I am currently traveling across country, this time to move in with my sick father who has cancer. When I booked the room, they went ahead and charged my card since I told them I would get there late. I arrived around 3am, later than we had initially thought. I asked when I booked the room and checked in, if I could receive a late check out. Both times I was assured that would be possible. Apparently though, no one communicated that to the front desk. I called before check out to confirm I could still do that. And the woman told me that she could give us 30 minutes, or charge us an additional $25. When I tried to explain my situation, all she said was “mmhmm..yeah..so”. Come to find out, its their General Manager Misty who spoke with me.

When your General Manager lacks basic customer service and human compassion, that tells me everything I need to know about your business.

I highly recommend that if you are in Lawrence, you look for a hotel and business that will work with your needs. Not one who does not care about their guests at all.

Also, their hot water in the shower went off after 5 minutes, so you might as well look for a hotel with actual hot water too.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KerryS601, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so sorry that you did not have a better experience and I can assure you that this will be handled immediately. Please travel saflely and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

The beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was ok. We were on the 2nd floor.I saw only one elevator. I would stay there again. It was a good room at a good price.

Trip type: Traveled with family
KerryS601, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything we can do to ever make it better don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2018

We live 3 hours from Wyndham and were 1 hour off from cancellation. We were told we would still be charged the 198.00. We were unable to make our trip due to circumstances beyond our control but were told we could move the reservation to another date. We did not need another date but since we did not want to be charged we moved it and called that weekend 3 hours before cancellation to cancel room. We were told by a front desk clerk our card would not be charged and it was. Manager told us to eat crow and to never come to their facility again. So even though we never stayed we will not use this facility or recommend. Terrible customer service and very rude manager.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so sorry that your request was not able to be accommodated those third party sites can have some strict cancellation policies that not even the hotel can overcome. But that is never an accuse for not having the best customer service possible. Our sincere apologies and we hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

Reviewed November 29, 2018

On Saturday we found out about a blizzard coming in on Sunday so we tried to cancel our reservation but they would not cause it could not be cancelled after Friday night. So we went ahead and travelled home but were charged for a room we did not use.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KerryS601, Public Relations Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Thank you for giving us your feedback. I am sorry that we were not able to assist in the cancelation process it many times depends on how you booked the room. If it is a third party you will have to contact them to make any changes. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know. Travel safely this season!

Reviewed November 17, 2018

While it was clean, and decent, it was not nearly as nice as other Wyndham properties. It seemed more like a Super 8 with Wyndham prices.

The lobby was clean and welcoming, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hallways and lobby seemed old, outdated, and in need of some new wallpaper and carpeting. The elevator was slow and pretty grungy.

Our room was stuffy, as if it had not been aired out in awhile. Despite all the things I read declaring this to be a non-smoking room, the threat of hefty fines for smoking, and all the things I had to sign agreeing that I not, the room smelled like a smoking room. However, it was very clean and the bed was terrific. Good tv, and it's always nice to have a fridge and coffeemaker (although the way the coffeemaker was situated, I was almost too short ton reach it).

The bathroom was quite small for a Wyndham property, and there was no hot water. It took about 10 minutes to get lukewarm water, and that was the best it would do. Good shower head and nice water pressure in the shower.

The walls were pretty thin; we could hear other people's conversations in their rooms as we walked down the hall, and inside our room we could hear a lot of traffic noise.

The continental breakfast was pretty disappointing.

Room tip: Rooms near the elevator will be noisier. I would suggest rooms on the top floor.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KerryS601, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Yes, we are continually on working on updates for the hotel and have a consultant coming out in a few weeks. .We have installed all new guest room furniture and mattresses already and will continue to make improvements. You will see some great updates coming in early 2019. We thank you for being patient but glad you chose to stay with us.