All reviews room was clean a great stay will stay there again indoor pool interstate microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2018

If I could give less than a 1 star, I would.

Let me go over what was terrible about the hotel:
1. The beds were incredibly uncomfortable. I'm assuming a prison bed would be more comfortable.
2. The bathrooms were disgusting. The toilet set was broken and the edges all around the bathroom were filthy.
3. The breakfast was absolutely terrible. We tried it the first day, didn't even finish what we put on our plate and didn't eat there the 2nd day.
4. The staff must not realize they are in the hospitality business. They were anything but hospitable. Before we even arrived, I called and talked to the "manager" Misty - completely rude and unhelpful. She wasn't as bad the first night we were there. I can't even explain how terrible the lady working the 2nd night was.
5. Housekeeping - I didn't have them clean our room the first day. The second morning, I asked the housekeeper for a towel. She told me I could only have one. What? I said I didn't even have you guys clean the first day, so you're welcome for saving you some time, but asking for a towel isn't out of line.
6. Our entire group was charged a $25 fee for noise complaints. When I called, Misty said there was a family staying there for a funeral and they were up the entire night due to noises. That wasn't on us, our boys had a game in the morning and we were ALL sleeping. I'm assuming they charge this to any group just to try to keep the hotel afloat. When we heard there was a noise complaint, THAT NIGHT, it was addressed right away. And, there were parents that had been up on the floor and none of our boys were in the hall.
7. The cost of the room - $110/night NOT WORTH IT -- this is a $60/night hotel, at best. Shoot, sleeping in your car would probably be better than staying at this crap hole of a place.

All in all, I would NEVER, EVER, EVER recommend this place to anyone. I could guarantee that the people working in this hotel would never get another job in the hospitality business, they will always work for scum places.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel, Don't Book Here, Stay Away
Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank rav402
KerryS601, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry your stay was not more pleased with all the new updates to the hotel, new mattresses, and new guest furniture. We do make sure when you check in that you are aware that keeping the noise levels down, so all guests have a good night sleep or not leaving your children unattended during the night is very important. We try to make all guests as satisfied as possible so if there is anything we can do to make your stay better the next time please let us know.

It was confirmed that your room was not one of the rooms that the noise issue was coming from so you were credited back the $25 fee. Thank you again for staying.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

I had a reservation for a king suite. I got a sleeping area with a king bed, one armchair, one desk, and one desk chair, with requisite hotel tv/dresser/nightstand set up. There was no extra room to spread out, nowhere for two people to sit together, and nothing to suggest it was actually a suite - a typical motel 6 has rooms with just as much area to move around. There was a long hallway in the room due to the placement of the bathroom and door, with a small closet and a mini fridge/microwave, so maybe that was the "oversized room" part of the room. The bathroom was large, but cold even when the heat on (apparently no vent/heat lamp/etc). It was also completely exposed to the bedroom because there is a large cut out window between the bedroom and bathroom, so only a thin curtain - that opened anytime someone moved nearby - separated the bedroom and bathroom. The lack of privacy caused by the huge window made the fact that the bathroom door didn't latch a moot point.

I assume breakfast was fine, but the other guests kept the one and only waffle maker so busy (and pushed me away the one time I tried to use it) that I couldn't have what I wanted. The other items (biscuits, yogurt, cereal) didn't appear to be restocked after 9, even though breakfast is until 10 on the weekends, so it's catch as can I guess if they're busy for breakfast.

The clerk at check-in was pleasant, friendly, informative, and generally everything I'd want. The other clerk I interacted with was not. When I initially asked for more tissues (the ones in the room were out and the maid did not restock), she told me to go find a maid. When I asked where to go, since I wasn't up for a scavenger hunt through the hotel, she did manage to go get a box "since my room was nearby." It seemed like I was really putting her out by asking for tissues.

The condition of everything was old, stained, and worn. Most of the bathroom was taken up by a jacuzzi tub, with a broken and rusty drain. The actual tub/shower combo was stained and the shower head was really low (on the plus side, the water pressure was good). The trim was peeling off the walls, the wallpaper was peeling in the corners, the pillows were flat, towel bars were falling off the walls, and the security lock was bent so that it popped open when the door opened anyway. It was hard for me to use the side door, because the curb was high and weirdly shaped, and it was uneven, so the door was stuck open half the time (creating a security issue).

I wouldn't have stayed here if we hadn't needed a last minute reservation (and everything was booked for game day), and I doubt I'll stay again if there are other options. However, I suppose it's serviceable if you don't expect a suite to be a suite, don't mind hit and miss service, and don't want privacy in the bathroom.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KerryS601, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. You booked one of our jacuzzi suites and they are a little smaller because of the extremely large bathroom. I would suggest that you book an Executive King Suite the next time if you would like the added space. But I see that you or your friend had smoked something in the room that is illegal so I understand the review because you were charged a smoking fee, that it would make you upset. Again, I appricite the information but choosing the larger King Suite will make a big difference of space.

Reviewed October 31, 2018

Everything was clean, comfortable, as expected.The hot tub water was green so didn't use it.Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast (free) was very good. The desk staff was very hospitable. Would stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay better please let us know.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

We weren't expecting much when we arrived because hotel next was really run down. The rooms were clean had nice amenities and good breakfast but who ever did the cement work out the side door left much to be desired I sure hope no one trips. We arrived on a very hot day got to the room and was very hot. They know where they are putting you with reservations so staff needs to have the air on.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better please let us know. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 18, 2018

We loved the the location and were really surprised by the overall stay and hotel conditons. It is very clean from lobby to hallways and room. The rooms are large and the beds were awesome. Everything from check in to check out was perfect. The Breakfast is hot and a good selection. We highly recommend and will stay again for sure.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
KerryS601, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will definitely pass along the good words to my staff. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay better please don't hesitate to let us know. Again, thank you for choosing to stay and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!