“Wrong beds”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel in sad shape. Carpets are filthy, floor in bathroom dirty and wouldn't sit in lounge chair if you paid me. Door didn't quite close all the way although it did latch. Looks like they have had to work on the latch as it was all scraped out where the lock goes into the wall. Bathroom is so small you can barely get the door all the way open as toilet is in way. When you do open the door fully, it hits the shower curtain and pushes it in (they have type of curtain rod that curves out from bathtub -- good feature, which I like as makes shower bigger). I think it's the smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. They did have a desk in the room which was nice. TV was flat screen so it was fine. Bed was comfortable and clean (no bedbugs)!! Electric went out (obviously not hotel's fault) so we didn't have any lights to shower or dress with -- used our phone's flashlight ability. Was close to "The Merc", an organic market which was GREAT!! Another note, I got to the hotel with a paper reservation in hand and they told me they didn't have my reservation. I showed them the paper and they could see I had made a reservation through their corporate website and said it was the 2nd or 3rd time this had happened. I asked what he planned to do to get me a room. He was going to give me a room for Friday night and then have me move to a smoking room for Saturday. My business partner is allergic to smoke so I said no thank you. I asked about other Wyndham properties in area that maybe he could call to get us room. He ended up giving us someone else's non-smoking room for the weekend. I felt bad for the person who came in after us for their room as they were going to switch them to a smoking room. I guess it was first come first serve. I do appreciate him accommodating us with a non-smoking room. The biggest complaint I have is the price. I paid $120 a night plus tax for a run down, dirty hotel room. Will NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure what tip to add other than find another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the input referring to our bed and area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed 3 nights-front lobby attractive-hallways dirty and looked as if they had not been vacuumed during the entire stay-room smelled musty and breakfast room with old waffle maker looking as if it was on it's last leg with melted spots in the plastic surrounding it-for having to pay 135.00 nightly for 2 of the nights we certainly felt very cheated-would not recommend this motel!!!

1  Thank Joyce B

It is truly our goal to impress each guest with our service and hospitality. We want to thank you for the remarks pertaining to our breakfast and room. Your voice is very valuable to us and we hope you will return to experience the improvements that we are continuously making.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Baymont Inn in Lawrence Kansas for three nights in September 2013. The hotel was ok. About what you would expect from these types of chains.

Some little annoyances such as our key card was coded wrong so my husband had to go back downstairs to get new keys while I stayed upstairs with our luggage. The cleaning staff appeared to be an extended family (including very young children) who always seemed to forget something like leaving cleaning products in our room or not taking all the dirty towels. The pool is one of the smallest I have ever seen. It was more like an oversized hot tub.

The good: It was within walking distance to a few nice restaurants and a sports bar.

Even though a large bus of high school soccer players stayed on the same floor as us, it was still nice and quiet. I also did not notice any smoke odor that others have complained about but we did not stay on the third floor.

Overall, it was a great value and we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim M

Thank you for sharing this honest review and feeback about our staff and towels. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.