“Noisy in-wall AC, but otherwise everything worked”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrence
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Denver, Colorado
“Noisy in-wall AC, but otherwise everything worked”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We came through Lawrence twice, stayed here the first time, and stayed at the Econo Lodge on our return. The rooms are similar, though there may be just slightly more square footage at the Baymont. Both rooms have a fridge, plenty of hot water, easy parking, and breakfast (though we were on the road early and missed both breakfasts). Both have free wifi. The advantage at the Baymont is the bed, which is firmer and more comfortable. The two advantages of the Econo Lodge are price and quieter in-wall air conditioning. Take your pick. You'll get a good room for a fair price either way, but to my liking the less expensive and quieter Econo Lodge wins.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lsc_Denver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I found this property to be very clean and the staff very helpful and courteous. One thing that I really liked was that all of the food stuff was in one cubby space. So the coffee pot wasn't next to my laptop and the ice bucket wasn't on the dresser, and the microwave next to my clothes. It's all on shelves in the cubby. Setting it up that way did seem to cause the bathroom to get cut off shorter - kind of a close fit in there, but I was fine with it. The pool and exercise room close a little earlier than most places I have stayed in, but I guess they have their reasons.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My fiance and I have stayed here twice now and have been impressed both times. The rooms are big and clean and the breakfast is great. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed October 14, 2011

While attending races at the Kansas Speedway, we stayed in Lawrence, KS at the Baymont. Our experience was very satisfying and the hotel met all of our expectations and needs. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the room provided us with everything we needed.

Room Tip: We always request a top floor and these people read the request before you get there. We got just wh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrence
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed several times and the rooms are clean and the front desk personell is very acomodating. I've never ben disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Desoto
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have been to a lot of hotels in lawrence, and I have to say that the front desk personnel are very professional and courtious, and attended my every need. Breakfast was the best I have ever had, and it was fresh and clean. My room was clean, bed was great. Special thanks to Don for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We spent three nights in Lawrence for orientation at KU, very easy access from highway. Staff were great and the rooms nice and quiet, planning on staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business