“Very Nice and Accomodating”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrence
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Lawrence
“Very Nice and Accomodating”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed several times and the rooms are clean and the front desk personell is very acomodating. I've never ben disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Desoto
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have been to a lot of hotels in lawrence, and I have to say that the front desk personnel are very professional and courtious, and attended my every need. Breakfast was the best I have ever had, and it was fresh and clean. My room was clean, bed was great. Special thanks to Don for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We spent three nights in Lawrence for orientation at KU, very easy access from highway. Staff were great and the rooms nice and quiet, planning on staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Checked in on 7/15 for a 3 night stay. Sitting on the bed the next morning drinking a cup of coffee, I saw a bed bug crawling across the sheets.I didn't find any more so I put it in a tissue to show the desk clerk when I checked out. I asked for a refund but was charged $40.38 for the use of the room. He explained they needed to cover the maid charges and had never had complaints in the past 3 years.I plan to contact the City Health Department on Monday.

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Oskaloosa, Kansas
Reviewed December 5, 2010

we went to this hotel because it was cheap, and we were have a day at the aquatic center with 4, 5 year old, for my daughters bday,we checked in at 1.30 to be warned that our power could go out so keep our door shut to keep in the heat..lol ( it did not go out)..no one mention the pool was over chlorinated and out of order, we came back at 4.30 to find out no pool, althought they allowed us private access to the hottub, and 15.00 off our rate, and possible the next morning the pool would be swimmable. when we got up the next morning the breakfast was ok, and the pool was normal. the also told us we could stay a few hours later then checkout to allow my daughter enough time to swimm for her birthday. i thought over all it was room was good, and service was excellent. i would stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when we were checking in. The breakfast attendant worked quickly to keep the food coming. Housekeeping staff members were friendly and helpful too. Everybody smiled and seemed to appreciate our business, which was nice.

The pool was nice, and so was the hot tub. Plenty of parking. Seems like a safe area. Room was very clean and bright. Common areas were comfortable even though it was 104 degrees outside. Mini-fridge was big enough, and the microwave was normal-sized (not mini). The only problem is that the mini-fridge sits on the floor - way down there - putting it on a small shelf would be very nice to get it up to at least knee level.

The bathroom was very clean and had ample counter space. There is only one electrical outlet: a second would be nice in a perfect world.

Free wireless internet speeds were better than what I sometimes find in hotels- this one had download speeds about 3.38 Mb and upload about 0.48Mb. Signal was consistent and strong. The desk lamp had 2 available three-prong outlets.

Location is convenient (easy walking distance) to a co-op grocery at the intersection of Iowa and 9th streets called "The Merc", offering locally grown fresh foods, a refreshing find for those who want something other than travel/restaurant food. KU campus is an easy 10 minute drive. We were in town 3 nights to help a friend shop for an apartment - this hotel was close enough to be convenient without being in the middle of all of the congestion. It takes some patience to make a left turn (south) out of the parking lot, but it is possible. Right turns are easy.

If a hotel does exactly what it advertises that it will do, I give it a 4 out of 5. I am giving this one a 5 because it meets my qualifications for a 4 plus it has consistently nice staff everywhere and that attitude makes the visit better than advertised.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Customerserviceguy
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2010

A very nice, clean hotel, with friendly staff. Very convenient to KU. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple