“Enjoyed it”

SpringHill Suites Lawrence
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Loved the access to Mass. Ave eateries. The suite was comfortable and interestingly decorated....it reminded us of some hotels we've stayed in abroad. The bedroom was a little crowded with two queens in it. We're usually "Residence Inn" or "Courtyard" people, but this wasn't too far off the mark.

Room Tip: Not by the railroad tracks!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years, but recently it seems that hotel is going downhill. On our last visit, my wife, daughter and granddaughter got sick from the over-clorinated pool. There were 3 other boys that jumped in at that same time and one came out with a bloody nose. I complained to the front desk to see if someone could test the pool and maybe close it. But, I got the standard answer - we will look into it. They did not even take my name or room number to contact me to let me know the results. Did not even care. And the hot breakfast is about the worst in the world with warmed over sausage that appeared to be boiled and something that looked like eggs. Who are the trying to kid? The ice make on our floor did not work - when I complained - I was told it was not broken - it just was not working...huh? And for the second visit in a row, we only had one remote for 2 TVs. Previoulsy, we stayed there intentionally to watch a KU basketball game, but they did not carry the Big 12 network - even in Lawrence. KS. The final straw for me was the fact that there is no way to complain now. No forms, envelopes, or websites to contact. In fact, the hotel receipt has it printed on it that a survey form would be sent...never showed up. Maybe they are afraid on what they might here. Stay away, there are other choices in Lawrence.

Room Tip: This is a long, narrow building. Long walk unless you get a room near the elevators (which is where...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Blocked 15 rooms back in September for our wedding this June. Had multiple confirmation e-mails and even called in December. Called again to confirm the final details and was informed that they only had 1 room blocked and that they were sold out. Beyond frustrated with the service there. All they could do was say sorry, even though I had a confirmation e-mail.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I recently stayed here after attending a KU basketball game and I was extremely pleased with the hotel. Our room was HUGE and overlooked the river. There was a kitchenette area with a couch, desk, and tv, which was separate from the bedroom/bath area. I was shocked by the amount of space and nice decor.

Our check-in was easy and the FREE parking is really convenient.

We had no problems with our room - the bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was great, and everything was clean.

There is a free breakfast, which I did not eat, but I enjoyed the hot cocoa and coffee. It's a nice touch!

Overall, good value and nice place.

Room Tip: overlooking the river
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2012

They must be doing so well they don't need any more guests. I called to try and make a reservation and kept getting a generic voicemail telling me that the person at that mailbox was not available and to leave a message or press 0. I called 4 times, pressed zero all 4 times when I got the voicemail and still never got a person once. Extremely poor customer service if you can't even answer your phone. I will now book my reservation with another hotel in Lawrence. One that actually answers their phone and wants guests.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne1012
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for years and it continues to be the best in town. First, the location is within walking distance to the downtown restaurants, bars, and shopping. If you're in good shape and it's a nice day, you can even walk to campus. The hotel sits on the Kansas River and all the rooms have a nice view of it. They have a large pool, decent hot tub, and an adequate gym, too. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, and large (we had 4 people in one room and didn't feel cramped). This is always the first place I check when staying in Lawrence.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed there for one night only and I was impressed. The friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms, all added to a great experience. I especially liked that the hotel is located within walking distance from everything, especially from the shops and restaurants on MA. St.. I even had a chance to speak with the Manager, who showed great willingness and care for the guests. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river...it's great.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business