Review Highlights
Wonderful tour

If your on the fence about this attraction , I would say Go. Our tour guide Tom was very easy to... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2018
Penny F
Gay, Georgia
Very Informative, Good Tour

This tour takes you through every step of making a pipe organ from start to finish. We had a... read more

Reviewed July 13, 2018
Fun4Me2Travel
Nebraska

All reviews informative tour wonderful tour every step explained everything company
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2014

I love going on factory tours, and often incorporate them into our family trips. On our recent girl trip we visited the Reuter Pipe Organ factory, and I think it was the best factory tour I have ever been on! It was just the four of us, so we could ask any question and got great individual attention. Our guide had worked for the company for many years, and he educated us on all the aspects of designing and crafting a pipe organ. I had no idea that they were so complicated, and that there was so much more to them than the huge pipes you see. Reuters is one of the very few companies that make the pipes, the woodwork, design, voice, and install whole systems. Unlike some tours where you watch an automated process through a glass window, we were on the work floor with the craftsmen and could ask them questions. I was amazed that so many steps were done by hand. Our tour guide showed us how each pipe is voiced, and even played a pipe organ for us at the end of the tour. It was a great tour, and certainly one of the highlights of our trip this year!

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank okietraveler79
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I (from California) visited this place on June 23rd.

We were (very much) welcomed by staff, and were given a wonderful tour.
Tom, who showed us the place and played/demonstrated an organ that was almost ready to be shipped out, gave us such a "respected feeling". Don't know how to express the feelings.
We would go there again.

T & K (of Ojai, CA)

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank Karla S
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped on a whim and were so glad we did. Tom gave an exceptional tour, and gladly answered all our many questions. We had no idea really of what goes on behind the scenes in an organ, much less how they are made. They truly are a work of art and painstakingly engineered and made pretty much by hand. We have a much greater appreciation of the instruments and those who play them

We would highly recommend this to people who enjoy learning how things are made.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank Margaret428
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you want to see an example of something crafted by hand from beginning to end...something you don't see much of anymore...take the tour at the Reuter Pipe Organ Factory. The detail and craftsmanship that goes into producing an organ will astound you. We had a one-on-one tour of the whole factory and were given the undivided attention of the gentleman who explained everything and answered all of our questions. You'll also see a couple of really o-l-d organs, from the days of silent movies. We had the treat of listening to one at the end of our tour: beautiful! This is a unique experience: to visit a made-in-the-USA company creating works of art, piece-by-piece, by skilled artisans who are among the best at what they do. Who would have thought?! Go and see for yourself! It's free.

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank PNWsnowbird
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Go see an organ made from start to finish. Our church ordered an organ from here then went and watched as it was built. People were very help in explaining different steps in the construction.

Date of experience: February 2012