“I really wanted to love this place...”
Review of 715 Restaurant

715 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
715 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 319 Restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Since 2009...award winning, locally owned and operated downtown restaurant featuring inspired handmade food, inventive cocktails and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

...it has fantastic atmosphere, a great waitstaff, and a really nice vibe. The Tuesday wine special ($7 off any bottle!) was fantastic. However, the food was just average. The rosemary flatbread was good but not a standout (olive oil on the side and sea salt on top, please!), and the pappardelle bolognese was not very warm nor very well-seasoned. The housemade sausage pizza had a really odd seasoning that none of my party could place. It overpowered the pizza and spoiled the taste. The desserts were okay (decent creme brulee, okay chocolate mousse), but again--nothing special. Maybe we caught them on an "off" night, but I was not terribly impressed. It's reasonably-priced, so maybe we will try again sometime.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

715 is a restaurant that does not disappoint. The service is super and the waitress was excellent and funny. I had the shiitake pizza and it was delicious. Simple and very well prepared. The place is always hopping but has a friendly atmosphere. I will definitely come back here

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We chanced upon "715" while strolling and searching for a place for a light dinner meal. There was a noisy bustling bistro atmosphere and a mixed crowd age-wise, tho the 30 somethings predominated. Service was attentive. Had a local sausage as a shared app and then a light main. My shitaki ravioli was a small portion but delicious and my husband's crumbed deep fried flattened Vienna sausage was delicious but in presentation more like a schnitzel. Arugula salad and German potato salad completed his meal. We had simple dessert- gelato only. Very tempted to try the curried goat but not very hungry. We were just passing thro but if we lived in the area, would frequent this place regularly. Too noisy for a romantic dinner and menu would not be suitable for children.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second time to eat at 715 and I was a little disappointed. I understand the restaurant serves local fare but the menu was a little heavy on goat.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visit Lawrence often because we have family there and we try to make time for 715 every trip. The food is fresh, much of it from local and organic farms, ranchers, etc. The flavors are also amazing. I still remember the heirloom tomato carpaccio we had two years ago!! Unbelievable. Definitely add this restaurant to your list.