“Fantastic Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lawrence
Kansas City West / Lawrence KOA
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Jellystone Park was a fantastic experience for my family. It was a very clean cabin. The staff and management team went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best. They had actives for the family the entire weekend. We will definitely be returning to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bri_Bri2224
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Kansas City West / Lawrence KOA, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful time at our park. We do our best to plan amazing activities that the entire family will enjoy and it makes us so happy to see that someone enjoyed all of our efforts. We're always making improvements so the next time should be even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Olathe, Kansas, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

"Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts are dedicated to providing each guest with a quality camping experience in a clean and entertaining environment." –Not met in my experience

I gave the property owners/franchise owners almost four days to respond and they did not respond to my complaint. We stayed in a two bedroom cabin-largest on the property. This was our first time staying at your property and I don't know if we will recommend or come back. I am used to camping and grew up on a property in the woods but our experience was beyond any cabin we have ever stayed at. Shortly upon entering and unpacking we realized there was a problem with ants. One of the staff members gave us some ant spray and saw the ants in the loft area. We were given new sheets the ants immediately returned. So they gave us new sheets again. The manager was not on the property and the staff said they couldn’t do anything about the problem other than give us ant spray. Our daughter decided to sleep in another area. We cleaned and took our trash to the dump site after every meal - trying to reduce any problem but they were in the walls. The ants were in the kitchen as well. We carefully put our bread, apples, bananas, ect in the microwave and midday when we went to get buns noticed it was infested. (Not a few but hundreds so we threw the stuff out.)The manager came on the property and saw the problem. He did not see as many as we saw since we had just cleaned the area. He cleaned the microwave with Clorox and vacuumed a little as well as looked around the cabin. They gave us a $10 credit for hot dog buns and charcoal - the stores prices were 2x what I originally paid. He also gave a 10 credit for the peddle bikes. I did not feel he would give us a greater credit or even a return to leave the property so I took the $20 credit. In the evening I noticed ants in the larger bedroom. We considered leaving but did not see where to return the key so we left at 10am after breakfast. We would have left earlier but unfortunately it was heavily raining and we were soaked even when we did leave. The cabins door also did not fully close and when it rained it leaked water. The floor was even soft and was not safe to walk on it. We mentioned this to the manager on Sunday and he said he was aware of it. One could see that it was filled with mold from the moisture in this area. When the rain came it poured in by the floor and flooded the area. The WIFI and bounce pillow were also down for the weekend. I don't think this lived up to the price we paid for the cabin for the two nights stay. I am very disappointed with the manager's response and the property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachelle R
Kansas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went the weekend after Halloween, so nothing was going on and the park was very quite. The spaces are very close, but so are other places we stayed, that is not any issue. The corn maze was still up and my 3 year old really liked it, we took nice slow strolls a couple times. The playground was nice and the jumping pillow was awesome. We had it to ourselves because there just weren't many people at the park. There is an arcade, some machines ate our money. Summertime I bet is a blast, they have an in-ground pool and do activities. We will def be back because this place is close to home for us, but makes for a fun weekend getaway. I think it was only around $32.00/night with our good sams club membership. Their cabins look really neat too!

Room Tip: They do have fire pits at each campsite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank swatkins7485
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here fri-sun in an rv with family of 5. Non-stop activities for the kids all weekend with a very attentive staff. Nothing but positive things to say about the campground and living in the kc area, we will definitely return on a regular basis. Awesome place!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank KCTimB
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Spent a weekend at Jellystone Park in Lawrence, KS. The sites are too close together and they are gravel. Park is kept up, there are permanent trailers in the park. Shower house was clean. At near $100.00 a weekend I expect much better accommodations than this place. (i.e. asphalt site and the ability to put my awning out without touching the neighbors awning. A train is nearby and the roar of I70 is constant. The activities are another 50.00 for the weekend. I think I would look for something around one of the Corp lakes if I was to go back over there. As far as a place to pull of I 70 there has to be something cheaper. I would just take the extra 15 minutes and go to one of the Corp. of Engineer campgrounds on Lake Perry. Will not return because I don't find value in the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family