All reviews hard boiled eggs yogurt free wifi low price quiet room continental breakfast large tv parking lot would stay again road trip convenient location college town beds were comfortable fridge motel supermarket dillons
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

I chose this motel based on the ratings. Not that it was a horrible place, but I just don't understand how this place has a star rating above 4.
The Virginia Motel is an old 1950 or 60's motel that admittedly The owners have put in an effort to update. They painted the walls, added some new tiling to the bathroom but you can't hide the age and condition of the place.
Somehow I ended up with the suite and to be completely honest I wish I hadn't. The room had a spa tub in the middle of it and I think due to this the room showed some issues with moisture.
Also the tiling around the tub was falling off and the mirror next to the spa I think was the original and showed its age. The spa also looked kind of old.

On an upside the staff were very friendly, and the motel is in a good part of town for finding food and gas. Also, the linens were white and looked clean and the bed was comfortable.

I'm not sure that I would stay here again for the money that I paid, but I appreciate the owners putting in an effort to keep the place up.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mandmski
Reviewed September 19, 2016

We chose this motel for a two-night rest on the July 4th week-end and we were not disappointed. We happily discovered that most fireworks are prohibited in Lawrence!

The check-in was efficient and friendly. The room was spacious, very clean and equiped with fridge, microwave and coffee machine: this was essential as there was no breakfast included in the price of the double queen ($79 a night for room 139) .
The motel is only a short drive from the town center which was historically interesting, and lively. There is a good shopping center with many restaurants both in the town and around the motel.
We highly recommend this place (motel and town) for a short or even a long stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank rimal66
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Traveling near Kansas City? Check out the Virginia Inn in Lawrence, KS! And pay the little extra to upgrade to the 'suite' (Room 145) with the hot tub! Run over to Biemers BBQ (just 5 minutes away) for some takeout, fill the hot tub, turn on the game, watch it on the big screen...Well worth it!!

Room tip: Get room 145!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank John S
Reviewed September 9, 2016

I stayed here overnight while in town visit KU for a project. I just needed the basics, so I was attracted to the Virginia by the price and the proximity to the university. But it was a pleasant surprise that the VI is such a nice place. My room was clean with a good air conditioner and a big flat-screen TV. All the furnishings were in good shape. Everything worked. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was quiet at night. There's a gas station with convenience store, a Japanese restaurant, and a grocery within a short walk.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank A6617BDandyc
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight passing through and selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor ratings. The front desk was friendly, the rooms large and clean and the bed linens fresh and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. The cold breakfast was unexceptional but again clean and certainly not unappealing. It is an excellent, albeit no-frills motor-lodge. Oh they also had a huge TV with cable that my son enjoyed.

Trip type: Traveled with family