“Good value for the price.”
Review of Virginia Inn

Virginia Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed one night, nice large room with computer desk and a big lazy-boy chair. The room was clean, good shower, fluffy towels. There was a fridge and microwave. Large flatscreen TV with lots of channels. Continental breakfast was adequate. Friendly desk people. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2013

It outside looks and location are important to you, chances are you'll look elsewhere. However, it's hard to beat a room near Kansas University for $55/night that's clean, quiet and comfortable. A heavy coat of paint covered obvious cosmetic age-related items, but the bathroom was clean/functional and we got a good night's rest, It was a one-night stopover on our way back to Phoenix from Green Bay and a night of rest is all that's important to us. Yes, we had to get back in the car and head down Iowa St past the U to find some restaurants, but that doesn't bother us, we rarely eat at restaurants near our motel unless we're really beat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was staying in Lawrence for one night with some friends and we needed an affordable room with a good location. Virginia Inn satisfied all of those requirements. The room I booked was actually cheaper to book directly through their website rather than one of the travel sites like Orbitz. The outside of the facility looks a little dated but don't let that throw you off. The rooms are updated and more than acceptable. The staff was so friendly. From check in to check out every time we encountered an employee they made sure to ask how everything was and if we needed anything. If I'm ever back in Lawrence, Virginia Inn will definitely be the first place I look for a room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Generally I travel for pleasure and look for well located upscale hotels for my comfort. Lately I am visiting Lawrence Kansas on a regular basis to visit my in-laws. Lawrence offers a handful or 2-3 Star hotels represented by the expected chains (HI, BW,and CI) and a couple of old grand dame hotels.
As these trips are technically not vacations, I looked into the lower price hotels, and am pleased to provide this report on the Virginia Inn. The hotel is well located (not downtown, but everything in Lawrence is fairly close by), much less expensive that most all other offering (I have paid 55.00 & 62.00 per night on different stays), is clean, comfortable and the owners very friendly and helpful. Yes the hotel is basic and dated, but rooms are larger with comfortable beds, lots of pillows, flat screen TV, micro and fridge, and free Wi-Fi. A nice continental breakfast is also included in the rook price. The soft furnishings are newer and like the rest of the hotel all is in good repair.
Can’t think why I would pay twice as much elsewhere, just to stay in a newer cookie cutter hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tryingfor100
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was born in Lawrence and remember the Virginia Inn as a child. When I looked at the great reviews and the unbelievable budget price I just had to see how it was doing. The owner was at the desk and she was wonderful and it was obvious she was very interested in making me happy. I opened the door to the room and literally gasp at the spaciousness and design of the room. It was so clean, so attractive that I was excited by my choice. I was paying for two nights at a price that would only cover one night or less than a night at a corporate hotel and I liked the feel of this place better.

The micro and fridge were such a bonus plus when I saw the 42" tv and then saw that there were so many channels and at least 10 premium channels I was in heaven.

The shower was amazing too. It had a detachable hand held shower but also when the shower head fit into the wall there was an extra ring of water so the shower head was about 5" across with great pressure.

The ac worked great which is always an important piece for me and I get my hometown newspaper, the Lawrence Journal World, every day. I couldn't be more pleased to stay in this great place while visiting my wonderful home town.

This was one of my all time favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank casturtle
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here for about 4 days and stayed in a two bedroom and then a one bedroom and we were really impressed. The rooms are clean, large, and nice tv's inside of them. This is a great value, very clean, and the management & staff are very nice.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor was the quietest. When we stayed at the one bedroom rooms across from the office, we c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We came to Lawrence in June for a family reunion. We stayed at the Virginia Inn for 5 days. Our room was very large and very clean. We had a mini refrigerator and micro wave and plenty of room for all our needs. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The staff treated us very well and even gave us a copy of the newspaper with an article about our reunion on the front page. Breakfast was just ok, but there are other places nearby if you want a big breakfast. Can't beat the price for the accommodations you get. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family