“Good Value”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Value”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This hotel off the beaten path, but @ $55 the price was good. Room could use some new carpets and chairs but OK for one night. They served waffles and cereal for breakfast. Nice pool area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elphaba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Extremely loud bar next door was hard to sleep through. The beds were comfortable enough, but the room was old and wore out. The clothes rack was directly above the microwave and mini fridge, the door to the bathroom was falling apart. But it was mostly clean and relatively cheap. If you are just passing through, it would do. They also allowed our dog to stay with us.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My 18 year old son was driving from Alabama to Colorado to visit his sister. By the time he reached Kansas City, it was dark and storming, and he was tired. I told him I would call ahead to Lawrence and get him a hotel room, but the first place I tried (Quality Inn) flat out refused to give him a room because of his age, even though I offered to back up his credit card with my own. When I called Rodeway, the manager said that while they usually wouldn't give rooms to anyone under the age of 20, he would do it if I would send an email saying I would be responsible for any charges my son didn't cover. I gladly did that and called my son to give him directions. The storms were so bad it took him a long time to reach the motel, and I was really getting worried when I unexpectedly received an email from the manager saying he had safely arrived. I hadn't asked him to do that, but was really grateful. When my son called me a little later, he said they had been really nice to him when he checked in and that the accomodations were fine. We really appreciated the manager's willingness to work with us and would happily make another reservation at this motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank shboyo
San Antonio
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I'll get right to the point...the rooms are outdated, but very clean, A/C worked great, room has microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, blowdryer, pool towels, very clean beds/linens/carpet/bathroom. I slept great on firm bed, very quiet area, and the staff are extremely nice and helpful. Free breakfast in morning in a plus. Only $47/night?? GREAT DEAL. Will totally stay again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yadragonfly
Midwest
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed here to visit the KU campus, I will stay here again and recommend it to other budget-minded travelers. The rooms were only $45 and the location was great. It was very close to campus and a grocery store. The family that runs the place are very friendly and very helpful. It is nothing fancy, I know my parents would want something more along the lines of a Holiday Inn, but for the price, it is great. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Courtneybrynn
Boulder, CO
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Let me start by saying that it smelled exceptionally clean and it appeared to be clean but the lack up updating really distracted from that. The front desk staff was very friendly both on check in and check out. When we arrived the lobby was filled with over a dozen people who greeted us with Christmas carols! The room was in the back and away from the road which was nice but secluded. The screen was cut out of the window & the window was unlocked (ALWAYS CHECK YOUR WINDOW!) Again, I cannot say that it looked dirty, but it was not updated at all & the vacuuming was not what I would call 'thorough'. It was very quiet and dark, which helped with sleeping. I could not bring myself to bathe any children in the tub - again - not dirty, just not updated. When we check out at 9am, I looked to see if the breakfast was still in place, but it was not, so we left. As my husband said - It appears to be a hotel that is well taken care of for what it is, but most probably stays in business for KU sports events. If all you need is a place to sleep for a few hours, it will work fine. I'm sure I've stayed in finer hotels that weren't as clean.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank CarrollFamily

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Derby, Kansas
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the first time alone, this time with my wife and daughter. It is an older property that has been cosmetically kept up, is quiet at night, is convenient to The University of Kansas and downtown Lawrence, and relatively speaking (for Lawrence) is economical. The family that runs this hotel lives on-site, is very friendly, and appears to be very conscientious about their property. They serve an excellent "continental breakfast" consisting of the usual bagels, danishes, cold cereal, AND also some fresh fruit and make-it-yourself waffles. The only problem I have with this hotel, which is more of a inconvenience, is there are not enough electrical outlets to plug in the various devices (laptop, hot curlers, electric razor, etc.) that we travel with. For instance I had to unplug the alarm clock so I could plug my laptop in and my wife had to unplug a power strip for the refridge/microwave to plug in her hot curlers. That said on our next trip to visit our son at school we will most likely be staying at Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family