“Wonderful hospitality and pleasant hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My daughter and I, stayed at this hotel for six nights. We could not have been more pleased with our choice. The entire staff was friendly and very accomodating. It was over 100 degrees outside, but the air conditioner had no problem keeping our room pleasant. The beds were comfortable and we were happy to have both a refrigerator and a micorwave right in our room! We will definitely pick this hotel again when in Lawrence!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Cheap and good for passing through! Perfect. Will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank UMyronGaines
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I reserved a number of rooms at the Econo Lodge for my daughter's graduation--we stayed for three nights. I booked too late to get the hotel where we normally stay, and I was concerned that this motel would be too basic for our needs. Reviews I read talked about its cleanliness, despite its age, so we decided to try it. What a surprise to find that the Econo Lodge was such a good little motel! Sam, the manager, was so helpful, from the initial booking, to our checkout. He addressed any concerns quickly, and checked with us each day to make sure our visit was going well. My family was impressed with the fact that these rooms each had microwaves and refrigerators, but mostly we were very happy with how clean everything was. The rooms smelled clean when you walked in. It is clear that it is an old motel, but the staff works hard to keep it clean. The free breakfast was surprising in its scope. Fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee and pastries....everyone in our party had something to eat. The breakfast area is small, but turnover is quick. Graduation brochures were available in the small lobby, which were a great help to us. The location was good for us as well. Dillons, a local grocery store, is one block away, with a terrific deli area and a Starbucks. A gas station is on the next block. Even though the motel is located on a highway, we did not have a problem with road noise--we all got a great night's sleep. The only negative of the whole stay was that one of our rooms was a smoking room, and it was awful. However, after speaking to Sam the next morning, he moved my brother into a non-smoking room that became available. All in all, I would happily recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a value, but still looking for good service, clean rooms, and a good location.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms for the cleanest room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank weirich5
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, no extra charge!. Stayed during the mother of all snow storms in February. Room was great, clean and clean smelling. Heater worked good. Refrigerator in room. Breakfast choices were scrambled eggs, sausage links, belgian waffles, orange and apple juice, coffee, and more. Manager was very pleasant. Price to stay was very reasonable. This would be my first choice for a motel if I had to stay in Lawrence again. This motel is located at 2525 W. 6th Street.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NEKansasBob
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This hotel off the beaten path, but @ $55 the price was good. Room could use some new carpets and chairs but OK for one night. They served waffles and cereal for breakfast. Nice pool area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elphaba
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Extremely loud bar next door was hard to sleep through. The beds were comfortable enough, but the room was old and wore out. The clothes rack was directly above the microwave and mini fridge, the door to the bathroom was falling apart. But it was mostly clean and relatively cheap. If you are just passing through, it would do. They also allowed our dog to stay with us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My 18 year old son was driving from Alabama to Colorado to visit his sister. By the time he reached Kansas City, it was dark and storming, and he was tired. I told him I would call ahead to Lawrence and get him a hotel room, but the first place I tried (Quality Inn) flat out refused to give him a room because of his age, even though I offered to back up his credit card with my own. When I called Rodeway, the manager said that while they usually wouldn't give rooms to anyone under the age of 20, he would do it if I would send an email saying I would be responsible for any charges my son didn't cover. I gladly did that and called my son to give him directions. The storms were so bad it took him a long time to reach the motel, and I was really getting worried when I unexpectedly received an email from the manager saying he had safely arrived. I hadn't asked him to do that, but was really grateful. When my son called me a little later, he said they had been really nice to him when he checked in and that the accomodations were fine. We really appreciated the manager's willingness to work with us and would happily make another reservation at this motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo