“A VERY NICE PLACE TO CRASH FOR A SOLO TRAVELLER!”

Econo Lodge Lansing
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lansing
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A VERY NICE PLACE TO CRASH FOR A SOLO TRAVELLER!”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I stayed at this location for a couple of days this week. When I read the old reviews on here, I was a little apprehensive, but when I got there, the front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. The room was small, but it was clean which is the most important thing for me! It was just me, and all I needed was a bed to crash! The wireless internet was very good! Another thing I look for at a hotel. I really enjoyed my stay there, and if I were ever to be in that general area, I’d definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank bhp_20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha, NE
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We traveled to Lansing with our dogs for a water rescue event. We travel often with the dogs to "dog friendly" locations and occasionally the accomodations are not as nice as non-dog-friendly hotels. This hotel, however, was fit for neither man nor beast. The carpet in the room was nearly black with filth, the dogs got sick the first night - I suspect due to sleeping on that carpet. The sink was broken, toilet broken, dirt caked in the corners in the bathroom. The sheets were thread-bare and the bed like sleeping on stairs. The bottoms were missing out of both dresser drawers so even if we had dared remove things from our suitcases there would have been no where to store them.
The "breakfast buffet" consisted of very few items, one of which was a pitcher of milk just sitting out on the counter. Not in a fridge, or a container of ice or even an insulated pitcher...uck!
We asked to change rooms the first night and although there were only two other cars in the parking lot, we were told they were booked. The next day I went to the counter to find no one there, finally a child (10-11 yrs old) who was cleaning in the lobby came around to help me. I asked how early we would have to notify them, and not be charged, if we would not be staying a second night. He left and returned with an adult about 10 minutes later; I posed the same question to her. She looked at her watch (it was about 0830) and said "0900". Needless to say that allowed no time for us to locate other accomodations.
This hotel was within 5 miles of the event our dogs were participating in, that was nice however never, never again will we make the mistake of staying here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank UdosMom
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 7, 2010

WOW! Not only did EconoLodge in Lansing, KS meet my expectations, they far exceeded them. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and competent, and the value exceeded my expectations.

Now, all that having been said, I must confess to having had a Senior Moment and leaving my computer charger behind. I called as soon as I realized what had happened and they were kind enough to mail it back to me on the very next business day. What more could you ask?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank AuntieFran413
Atlanta
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We had a great stay. We had our children with us and felt comfortable with the rooms. The breakfast was very nice and so was the front desk clerk. The GM was also helpful and friendly, he helped us find out some activities for our children.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank RaniAtlanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Leavenworth
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Lansing? Share your experiences!